X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hercules
    Good to hear from you Geo.

I guess all is well in Aotearoa.
    Frankly, a bit boring atm... too rainy to start a tramp to Rivendale...

Tomorrow off to the Milford Track, rain or not...

Sorry for hijacking the thread
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I have opened the turn.

Not good news.

Morganites are building the PEG. So do we proceed to instabuild. To be discussed.

We discovered Adaptive Econ

our choices next are
      Doc Ini , Poly morph, Soc Psych
      Non - linear
      HEC
      Field Modulation
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• The Poly morph road seems to give the most for growth in the future.
        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• I have a feeling that Morganities have instabuilt PEG. Probably we lost it.

I think we have to choose Social Psych, just to fulfil our obligation towards Gaians and transfering to them Ethical Calculus. It is a question of Data Angels honor to do so.

There is a chance PEG is not instabuilt, but I doubt it.

They have more population, and they had more time to rebuild crawlers, I think they had 10 crawlers ready almost for sure. We have to probably accept this. Iwould not build PEG now. Just concentrate now on efficiency of our decisions, skillful politics, and this is how we will have to proceed it seems.
          Last edited by Mart; December 8, 2004, 06:16.
          Mart
          Map creation contest
          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Yes; Honor of Angels must be kept up so go with the social and work on Poly next.

Comment

• First let's open new thread for 2151 -2160.

Second let's contact Spartan for views. In fact if Morgan has PEG, then the game will need very quite close and trusting cooperation between the three of us: ie Sparta, Gaians and ourselves if we are not to be badly outpaced.

Third, with our current rate of research it will be quite a few years 20+ at least before we discover Ethical Calculus. That's because we are at 30/40 psych atm to suppress drones. We can't even dip into FM.

So we need the Soc Pysch from whoever just to build Rec Coms to enable us to reduce psych.

But generally the idea would be to share techs and the SPs along the way.

Comment

• This is very annoying I sure hope none of our silent Datajacks is a DL.

My idea is to ask if either the Gaians or the Spartans have the tech for a SP they don't want to build. Certainly the Spartan's have Doc:Ini but do they really want to build the MCC.

If they were willing to forego the MCC, we could instabuild PEG. If Morgan has already built it then we could change to the MCC. But we couldn't build the PEG without that safeguard.

We also need to establish the true relationship between Spartans and Morgan.

Comment

• Darn, that's a setback.

Hope you guys can find a suitable replacement SP.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I would guess they have been silent partners ever since meeting.

Comment

Working...
                    X