No announcement yet.

Angels MY 2141-2150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By redeploying workers in Enigma and Kahlua we can do away with need for doctors. The extra energy helps our labs and by pushing the settings to 20 40 40 we can discover Adaptive Economics next turn.

Also we should pick up some ecs from killing the mw; so can rush some crawlers.

The question is can we produce enough crawlers in 2150 to Instabuild? I don't think we can and I still don't want to use the AA but it may be possible to build the SP using it.

But if not then I propose waiting until 2151. If we discover Adaptive Doctrine in 2150 without being able to Instabuild PEG, Morgan (if they also have Adaptive Doctrine and check tech share with us) will find we have it also and will believe it necesary to rush PEG themselves. Atm they (if they have it) think they have a little more time.

As to where to build PEG. under the time constraints and being reachable by the crawlers I now feel it will
    have to be Enigma, again.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I go for staying at AE in 2151. This would allow resources to continue to be used how they are.
      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• We received Doctrine Flexibility from Spartans. We transfer it pre-accepted to Gaian Union.
        • Land connection to Human Hive is kinda "cursed". Do we withdraw as indicated to the forest tile south-west? Yang may attack either using Impact Speeder or Impact infantry. I would not expect this task force to survive this.
        • We could attack the mindworm near Heaven's Gate with scout from the base, but it might be risky. So finally do we agree on using rover as planned?
        • What to do with the former near Hercules station? Help the other former nearby to build road north-east?
        Attached Files
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• We could also go for 2152, and save this way Alien Artifact. We will have 9 crawlers by then able to reach Enigma Machine. We can use 3 formers in addition, what will be sufficient to complete PEG. We would have to "kill" research a bit to make it done in 2152 - just to feel safe about Morgans spotting our tech.

I am not sure about 2151, I have to calculate yet, how many crawlers we will have. Hercules, you maybe estimated that yet?
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

• One more thought - Morganities got Prog Psych in 2145. They would have to have 7 turns per tech this way to be faster than us in 2152. Is it possible? might be!!! Their votes are now 43!!!
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• Withdraw Rover and probes to forest tile.
              Attack mw, near Heavans Gate, with Rover.
              If successful then move former to help with road building.

At this stage lets aim for 2151. We can delay research next year, if need be, by changing the settings.

And of course pre accept Doc: Flex to Gaians.

Comment

• Here's my calculations for 2151: With crawlers within 1 move to reach Enigma on 2151

Kody: 2 atm, rush current production = 3 and move to within 1 move of Enigma in 2150.
                RPS: 1completes in 2150(rush if necessary) and move in 2150 to within 1 move of enigma
                Kahlua: 1 completed in 2150, ready
                Verres Loft: move crawler to within 1, this turn or next
                the second crawler becomes available in 2150 but can only get to within 1 1/3 moves.
                Googlieplex: move to within 1 move of Enigma.

That's 7 within 1 move of Enigma by 2151.

We currently could have 59 ecs if mw killed and ecs collected.

Rushing crawler in Snowflake would cost 37 ecs atm but I estimate about 25 max in 2150 to rush to be available in 2151
                Rushing crawler in Enigma, currently 88ecs might cost 27/28/30 in 2150.

Shifting settings to optimum setting with psych at 40 and econ at 30?( needs checked) will deliver 18 ecs next turn plus whatever we get for stockpile. (Labs should deliver 10 next turn and 10 after that for completion in 2151.

This means we should be able to afford to rush the 2 crawlers (Snowflake and Enigma) next turn.

That would be 9 crawlers.

Next move former near Kahlua to 17, 67 to be able to reach Enigma in 1, Move former to help with farm at 22,66

So without using the AA we could have 9 crawlers and 2 formers and a very small amount of ecs.

If pushed we could halt former farm production, at 22,66 to make that former also available for disband.

And if further pushed, halt former forest production, near Enigma to move it nearer Enigma.

So without cashing the AA we could have 9 crawlers, 2 formers and another 2 formers to build PEG. Would that be enough?

Dare we wait a further year to 2152.
                Last edited by Hercules; November 25, 2004, 14:08.

Comment

• It would be actually even not that expensive: PEG cost is 30 rows. We need 9 crawlers + 2(3)formers. We could maybe use 2 formers and let the last row accumulate with a little of help and some security 2 mineral purchase. This is as follows:

crawlers:
                  4 - we have now
                  1 - EM hurried (2150) 22 EC (full) for min for PEG in 2151
                  1 - KP no hurry necessary
                  1 - SH, I can rehome crawler from VL, so no hurry
                  1 - RPS, no hurry
                  1 - KC, with 2 min from current crwl, hurry (2150) 6EC only

this is total 9. Googlieplex would be 10 crawler, but since there is less than 10 now, we would have to pay 8 EC/min now...

Total energy spendings:
                  minimum = 36 EC
                  safe (2mineral) = 44 EC
                  full (2 formers cashed) = 64 EC
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

• Ok looks good. Let's hope it works.

And yes it is hard at this stage to discover a new tech every 7 years but we don't know for sure.

It would be a great boost to the DA.

Comment

• The presend.
                      • The attack on mw gave 20 EC. The bar of the rover is still green. Will need to heal though in base as usuall.
                      • Hurried crawler in Kodycryptor. Also the one in RPS to full minerals, in order to have intended probe foil as soon as possible. We are going to have enough energy it seems. Now 47. In 2151, 2x14=28, plus 47 = 75. It is over the amount we will need.
                      Attached Files
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

• Sme thoughts on future production plans, please review:
                        • RPS base will start probe foil, probably we all feel it is needed there, and it was already proposed by someone. Probe foil has 3 rows if i'm not mistaken. When built, the probe foil may reach that unlucky hive base in 3 turns, although I doubt that there is going to be no fungus on some tiles there...
                        • Heaven's gate. It will soon complete a crawler. Maybe we would start perimeter defense? 100% to defense in that spot may save us a lot of grief in case Yang feels like a little "exercise" in DA territory
                        • Enigma Machine. Maybe Network Node? It already has Recycling tanks, so this might be good place for it, and cashing AA for some technology, if decided to do so. Also the best energy in that base - the best research benefit.
                        • Kahlua Probing. Recycling tanks also there. I think maybe 1) crawler or 2) Command Center. Why command center? I would value military units morale. Right after it is done (hurried, I guess), we may build scout defensive unit - just in case, if we do not have armor 3 fast. (1-2-2) The cost of it is the same as 1-2-1.
                        • Kodycryptor. Pump in some more crawlers there, as you Hercules already proposed.
                        • Veres Loft. Finally put next crawler on that mine and start build more crawlers.
                        • Snowflake Heaven. Maybe Recycling tanks? and then Network Node? base close to HQ so a lot of energy.
                        • Googlieplex. Command Center too? It might then be used to build first offensive unit, for possible counterattack - if Yang bothers us.
                        • Hercules Station. Still a lot of time before this base will complete current crawler there. Just started we can alter it.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

• If no soilders then yes at least the peremeter defence as you mentioned.

You can also think about researching in the area of Ecological Enginering and Environmental Economics so restrictions are lifted.
                          You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                          There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• Gaians are researching Ecological Eng., as far as I know. We will probably think of exchanging this with Gaians. So this will be taken care of that way. Unfortunatelly our next technology maybe dictated by need of getting Ethical Calculus ASAP. By any means possible, so also our research. If we get it in other way, we just switch research then. Ethical Calculus would be usefull for us too. We need Social Psych in that place too...
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

• Hi guys, I am changing comps this week to XP and all that that entails.

I can post comments here of course but I am stilll working on how to access and play turn Sav turns.

Comment

• One of the most important fixes in ini file:
                                ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

also you probably need that compatibility patch. Smax should show 2.0 or something and Smac 5.0, if you have Planetary pack. Good luck with XP...
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X