Road to Lucidity – The Data Angels History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to Lucidity – The Data Angels History

Kody and I discussed a little about the narrators' roles after I came back. And we decided that Kody would focus more on the IC stories and the newspapers, etc., while I would put some efforts on recording the team's history.

My plan is I will post a paragraph for each Angels turn here, and then after receiving your comments and everything, I will bring it back to the CMN forum, encorporate it in the history thread which would include other teams. When time goes by and Angels feel that the information consisted for certain years is not confidential to a certain team or all the teams any more, the history of the relevant years will be shared with the relevant teams.

I haven't been following the game play closely, so it would take me sometime to back construct the story. When I catch up with the game hopefully it will become easier for me.

I'm using IC format for the history so that it won't be too boring to read. Please let me know if anybody has any objection or suggestions about any details in the writings. Also some years I will write more in details and others I will cover briefly.

I would also appreciate if somebody feels like to contribute a little to the writings or to provide me with a history line, especially with important events that should be covered.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

I weave a huge web
    Breathing silks deep from my heart
    You have nowhere to hide
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2101 Angels

Datajack 042 opened his touchpanel and started the decryption sequence. The dataclouds dispersed in a short second, and a message appeared in his touch screen. “Who would be our first Sinder?” He grinned, and entered a command. Agent 003, his second, stood quietly behind him. She didn’t know what he did to ensure his win in the first Data Angel election, but she could feel his confidence.

In the mean time, datajack 009 opened his touchpanel and started the decryption sequence. He surfed around the clouds for a little while, before he logged off. “Why are you logging off?” A surprised inquiry was heard from his back. "Because ..." 009 started to talk when he turned around, and looked into a pair of concerned eyes. His voice trailed off, leaving the sounds of water splashing from the river outside of his camp. There was much in her eyes, like the dataclouds twirling and flowing. He was thankful that he never needed to decipher before he could read her concerns and understandings. He sighed to himself, and gave her a thin smile. It turned into a wicked one before he turned back and logged on again.

Zerek traveled along the riverbank carefully. The unexplored planet seemed to be calm and peaceful. However his sixth sense that was sharpened in years of probe team training was continually nagging him. Something that he didn’t understand … The uneasiness grew stronger and stronger, until … There! On the edge of the river stood a strange looking structure. Zerek felt a strong urge to touch it despite all of his trainings. He bit on his lower lip, and put his hands on it. An exotic feeling shot through his entire body. Views of different things flashed through his mind … He seemed to see a Orge … Orge … What a strange name … Zerek withdrew his hands and shook his head. He felt invigorated. Never had he felt so good ever since the graduation day of his training school. Zerek opened his quicklink and started to report enthusiastically.

Back in the headquarter First Sinder 042 was looking at the reports from different agents:

Enigma Machine and Kahlua Probing established on river
      Two alien monoliths discovered demonstrating morale lifting effect and extreme production abilities
      Additional unity pod sighted
      60% resources denoted to research, which would lead to next tech break through in 5 years

009 smiled pleasingly and laid back in his chair.
      Last edited by Snowflake; July 26, 2004, 23:45.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I would appreciate if somebody could provide a more detailed description of the monolith.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

"It's a monolith all right... no better name for it, really..." 005 (me) was outside in an envirosuit talking to himself. Not caring for the politics going on inside Enigma Machine only because he volunteered to come to this world to get away from politics.

"Solid... stone? Ancient technology?" He sighed, it'd been too long since he'd even walked on solid ground that didn't protect him from vaccum by only a few centimeters at worst sometimes. It was certainly raising morale though... and could conduct quick repairs? Strange.

005 looked over the vast unexplored territory, taking a few more pictures of the strange oblisk-like monolith before traversing the short distance back to Enigma Machine and his temporary quarters. He was looking forward to other bases being built to have a larger room being one of the 'founding programmers' under the Sinder, he only hoped that more of these great monoliths could be found and harnessed, because in such a hostile looking planet, it was nice to know at least one thing was working for them.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Thanks FlameFlash! This is exactly what I'm looking for from the dear datajacts. I'd welcome more of this.

One question. Do we want to use names or codes? Or do we want to use them interchangably? If so I would need to provide a list of agents codes somehow ...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Maybe provide those at the end of the game when the private forums are opened up? Just use some kind of text editor to find/replace 005, for instance, with 005-FlameFlash at the end?

Comment

Check this thread, Snowflake. Everyone who choose a code number posted it there. Don't use our ingame titles (like Sinder, Infotrader and other future functions) but use for all of us 'DataJack'.

I'm glad this is getting started, I'll contribute when I see fit.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

O yes, why not using the smilie codes I gave EM ( ) and KP ( ) in the Pholus IC-story?

What do the other DataJacks think of this? I'm undecided whether to give Snowflake's Haven the or code...
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Forgot about those codes... probably need to post those in that thread too, though.

Comment

Do you mean forget ALL codes? Basename codes and member codes, or just the basename codes?
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No... I forgot about the basename codes... or I would have used them... perhaps including them with the member codes would help us remember them for ourselves and our writings.

Comment

Flameflash means he forgot about the codes, not an instruction 'forget about the codes'

Anyway nice contribution Flameflash
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Ah, all is clear now. I'll make a new thread then with base and chosen member codes (tomorrow).

We can always edit it with the founding of new bases and new members choosing their 'number'. Discussion about base codes (and perhaps basename proposals) can be done in the same thread.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Sounds good!

And snowflake, just keep us posted on more little tidbit stories from ingame, that was fun for me, though Geo appears to have more time to do the longer/better news article ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X