Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    Here's the presend save:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    I'm in favour of giving both techs as well. It keeps him off our backs for awhile, and we can give it a try to infiltrate him in the meantime.

Also, if he's bullying us like that, the same happens to the other teams. If we manage to infiltrate him quite soon we have an idea (on his tech base) what other factions he has bribed and which have refused.

lastly, Yang is a strong 'border patrol' for us against the other factions for land units.

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    You're right about the second tech - Geo's been testing and it's either PlanNets -and- Cent Eco or vendetta

Right so time to bribe for peace....we will get you later Yang

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Blast I was rather hoping we would meet someone else.

I don't think we're in much of a position to argue given Yangs ranking in the charts.

He also doesn't seem too friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    He may bully for a second tech. I would say give it, we will take it back later.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Aw, this is worse then I thought. I've sent a PM already before reading this.

Give the tech, he is high on the graphs. We will infiltrate him later and disgorge anything if we find it necessary from him.

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    Dun-dun-DUN!!! We seemed to have gotten close enough to trigger Yang to contact us. According the info screen we are 'sufficient' to his 'unsurpassed'. This is what he had to say (and should we fork it over?):
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    He could be there in what? six turns? Perhaps let him upgrade at one of the monoliths (if that isn't done already) on the way to that Fungal Tower. Delayed by an upgrade it will take seven turns then to arrive.

I suppose (I really need to open a turn dammit) the bases will grow before he's back.

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    I could send our starter scout over to the small one - the bases grow slowly so we'd have some time.

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Looks like we could deal with the closer fungal tower soon if we get a scout patrol or two out... I know it's risky, but we'd make some early and needed ecs off the win as well, and I really don't like the idea of one that close to our bases just yet... especially since we don't have any current defenders.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Yeah, Fungal Towers are a mixed blessing.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    I prefer the somewhat more elevated tile... the yellow one I guess.

The northern probe has two chances to get off that peninsula it seems... and darned those 2 Fungal Towers to the east. They'll infest the whole area if they cannot be dealed with, unless we go green at some point and use them to spawn native life and take the spawned ones over...

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    Re the north most base site suggestion, I also quite like the tile next to it, 20,60:it has an elevation of 930m as opposed to the 19,61 tile at 10m. It means we won't have to build a pressure dome for a long while, if /when sea levels rise.
    From upthread a bit

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    I think yellow... well, what were the elevations on each of them again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X