X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makahlua
    replied
    /me waves hello

I'm around I just didn't have much to input by the time I heard about things :/ I'll miss HongHu alot for certain

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    It's starting to feel like déjâ vu here...

Don't be alarmed, but I can already tell for sure that I won't be on the forum much 'till sunday afternoon (GMT).

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    The effect of this ruling is that Maki becomes our current turnplayer. So Maki please acknowledge all is live and well with you to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Well a ruling has been posted by the ACDG3 Mod, Drogue, with the effect that Enigma will be excluded from the Angel private forum and from being a member of the ACDG3 team.

I think we can all understand the position in which he was placed and accept the ruling.

What I don't understand is your silence: unless you are all on a vacation break or work thing., (GeoModder excluded). if you are, apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Enigma_Nova
    replied
    As you say, it's the plan that's more important than the play.
    Though this will result in a slower turn time. :/

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    If someone (a mod) who has read the irc turn chat re the 'finding Hive base incident' ( I don't have a copy) could confirm, the moves and turns before that incident, ie the pod pops were live and legit afaik and I was there for awhile. If there are doubts let people speak now.

I ask this because it would be a shame and a disheartening thing to have to restart the whole game again.

The admission by Enigma in that thread, when he could've so easily have said nothing and just walked away, plus when he looked like being banned anyway, points to it being true. So fair play to ya as we say over here.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    I missed this from Enigma in the discussions earlier on in the replacement for Uni in HOF and TO thread.

On a related note, LioaG and ytyke PBEMs will feature bases being turned over to the AI and the Headquarters eliminated.

I'm booting myself out of all PBEMs except the ACDG - no cheating has occured in that game.

I've been cheating, because I thought I would get floored by the vets if I didn't.
    Seeing as I'm not too bad, I'll stop the cheating and see how well I go without it.

This, of course, does not reverse cheating in previous PBEMs so I'm removing myself from them./unquote.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Aw, appearantly I must be the opener.

Ok, followed most of the allegations for quite a bit this evening.

My point is that for the team it does not matter that Enigma is not the turnplayer, if this helps us to gain goodwill points by the other teams. The planning is the most important, the actual play order can be made as detailed as necessary for any given team player. In short, let Enigma go in covert ops for a while.

The validity of the turns is strictly a CMN mather. If they decide that a turn is not legit, so be it. We have to accept the consequences of that, as we put no real objections to any of the accepted members in our team as far as our knowledge went for the credibility of any of us.

As long as a member not shows blatant misbehaviour, we should not exclude anyone. In light of the allegations, if from a member is shown he has cheated in this ACDG, I'll vote for removal. Things like the flame war between Enigma and Obstructor are open to a point of view, but would better be avoided IMO. It takes only one to stop.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    started a topic The Enigma Enigma

The Enigma Enigma

The Enigma Enigma:

I am not going to repeat everything that has been said in the other forums. Go read.

But I feel we need to discuss this. There are several issues:
    a) Enigma's role as turnplayer.
    b) the validity of the turns.
    c) the continuance of Enigma as a turnplayer.
    d) the continuance of Enigma as a Data Angel.

My initial view is this. The charges against Enigma are irrefutable and he has probably accepted this. However Enigma still is a Data Angel and we knew the risks when we accepted into the ranks. The repeated ACDG3 turns are not challenged, as yet, but some regard the pod pop outcomes as very fortunate.

The Enigma, we know and love here in the Data Angels, knows the game very well and this we regard as a major plus to our challenged faction. OTOH, he is not winning us any potential friends in some factions.

With Kody's Codicil machine, if one of our terraformers even breaks reactivated wind, wrongly in the direction of a Gaian Mindworm, the whole gang will descend on us.

There is also the confidence of the wider ACDG3 community to consider.

In the circumstances, my view is that Enigma should continue as an Angel, advise us (but no playing ahead) and Maki continue as turnplayer.

But this is all up for discussion.

Oh and btw I don't want to see our only 'evening star' princess, leave the forums.
Working...
X