Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kataphraktoi
    replied
    I would disagree with this whole thing of factions being so independant. in spartan chronicles(best smac fiction ever) the factions have some access to each other,like haraad aashandi being in control of spartans, and other people traveling about,zakharov researching for morgans, roze being planetary intelligence officer,etc. if your going to attack someone,i feel its a given that your info will be leaked, with people escaping or comming reports out.

although this cant be implemented due to fairness,in RL i would say having moles in conquering faction would be very realistic

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    Along with playing a game to win there is also playing a game to do the best you can with the situation you have.

I call it a challenge.

If we all play on the winneng side then who do we play.

Yes the outcome is decided but how it happens is not written in stone.

Leave a comment:

• Drogue
    replied
    I'd like to get some more opinions, but I'd be able to accept that

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Maybe compromise at ten?

Leave a comment:

• Drogue
    replied
    The idea is that people still have information that 5 years later is relevant, giving other factions an infair advantage. Also you can't walk across Planet in 5 years. It's set at 20 years to dissuade people, as the general idea before was that they can either join that faction or leave the game, though I think that's a little harsh. However if people feel the same, I can lower it.

Leave a comment:

• Chaunk
    replied
    20 years is far too long in my opinion, 5 would be reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• Drogue
    started a topic Members of defeated factions

Members of defeated factions

I'm not sure this issue was ever fully resolved. Unless there is abject horror and disagreement, I propose that:

Any member of the defeated faction is allowed to join the conquering faction immediately, should the conquering faction authorise it (RP: they've been captured and assymilated). Moles will not be tolerated, so if you do accept and join the conquering faction, giving information to another faction is expressly prohibited. It's just not nice or sportsmanlike and ruins the game for everyone else. Anyone found doing as such will be banned from the DG, and the faction who've been wronged will be informed of what information has been passed on (RP: new faction security will be watchful of any potential trouble makers, and they will be dealt swiftly by torture to find the info out and then death).
    Any member of the defeated faction may join any another faction after a period of at least 20 Chironian years (RP: they've escaped capture and fled to another faction, but it's taken 20 years to get across Planet to the other faction).

Does that seem reasonable? That means the Morganites may join the Spartan's now if they wish (should Skanky authorise it), but must wait 20 years to join the Angels or Gaians. As a hint, I can't see any DG lasting to 2220, so I'm guessing that option won't be used much.
Working...
X