Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refugee Questions

Please understand that this might be a little premature, but

Could the rules be clarified as to the status of refugees?

I was unable to see how they are dealt with.

Mead

A ruling on the status of refugees would nice.

Comment

Edited in light of the post below.
      Last edited by GeoModder; February 26, 2005, 10:58.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

There's isn't a set ruling yet. My personal preferance is that refugees will be allowed to join the conquering faction, as they have been taken over by them, or after a set period (5 turns?) they may join any other faction, as if they have escaped. This is to allow that the conquering faction has access to the faction they conquered, so should get the benefits from their knowledge on other factions if they can, however other factions should not get this knowledge. It's to go with realism without unbalancing the game.

However I will poll later tonight for people's opinions on it.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Re: Refugee Questions

Originally posted by Mead
          Please understand that this might be a little premature, but

Could the rules be clarified as to the status of refugees?

I was unable to see how they are dealt with.

Mead
          Why don't you sign a peace treaty with us? Then this wouldn't an issue.

Originally posted by Drogue
          There's isn't a set ruling yet. My personal preferance is that refugees will be allowed to join the conquering faction, as they have been taken over by them, or after a set period (5 turns?) they may join any other faction, as if they have escaped. This is to allow that the conquering faction has access to the faction they conquered, so should get the benefits from their knowledge on other factions if they can, however other factions should not get this knowledge. It's to go with realism without unbalancing the game.

However I will poll later tonight for people's opinions on it.
          Something I suggested before the start of the ACDG: how about, for a certain faction's refugees to be able to flee to another faction, they have to move a colony pod in or next to a base of the faction they want to move to? That way wars would get another dimension, and for example the losing faction would try to build ships and CPs at all cost to try to flee away before it's too late, while the conquering faction could try to block the enermy coast to prevent anyone escaping to another faction.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Re: Re: Refugee Questions

Originally posted by Maniac
            Something I suggested before the start of the ACDG: how about, for a certain faction's refugees to be able to flee to another faction, they have to move a colony pod in or next to a base of the faction they want to move to? That way wars would get another dimension, and for example the losing faction would try to build ships and CPs at all cost to try to flee away before it's too late, while the conquering faction could try to block the enermy coast to prevent anyone escaping to another faction.
            Love the RP, though they may want to go to different factions. Plus what happens to the CP, as they can't change factions while still having a unit, and if they build a base in someone elses territory and they take it over, that faction are the conquerors anyway. So in effect, the rule would exist already.
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Since the Morganites aren't dying yet (I don't know how the war's turning out, aside from the leveling of the PTS).

I would have the easiest case of joining the Federation, saying I was captured in the raid on the PTS.

On the other hand, since I've been missing for over 10 years, it could be said that I hid on a trade vessel and can thus reappear in a faction that the Corporation has contact with.

A single person is a lot easier to move around than a group of people and could be lost easily on planet. Heck, the person could have been abducted by aliens and then dropped off somewhere else.

Comment

A single person is a lot easier to move around than a group of people and could be lost easily on planet. Heck, the person could have been abducted by aliens and then dropped off somewhere else.
                Yeah, whatever!
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Can you tell us why you have left the Corporation in the first place? I assume you're not too keen on rejoining them again.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I have NOT ruled out rejoining the Corporation. I am deciding which faction I want to join. Morgan Industries is one the factions under consideration.

I am also sensitive to wisecracks about my experiences at the hands of the 'Progenitors'.
                    Last edited by arginine; March 3, 2005, 15:42.

Comment

Ugh... yet another type of probe was discovered?
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

That's what I get for telling them "... and you can shove it up your a**"

Comment

-- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

My character was 'abducted' by aliens. He thus recieved rectal probing...

Comment

How does this sound?

Refugees can join any Faction that the dying faction was pacted with for at least 3 turns (to prevent any Pact flipflops; kinda like SE flipflops).

Kinda like the refugees were vacationing in their pactmates territory at the end of their own faction.

Mead

PS
                              Also there is a far lessor danger of members taking info to the pactmates that the pactmates did not already know.

Comment

Working...
                              X