Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only wish is that he wouldn't come out to visit between midnight and 6am. Mom and Dad Flubber are just too sleepy.

The upside is Mrs Flubebr and I have both developed our abilities to sleep through quite a bit of noise when its the other's spouse "turn"....

Oh and who is KoKo???
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

KoKo's my little one. He's two and half year old and I just started to train him to sleep in his own room. Here goes the senario:

KoKo: wiggles and talks and sings ABC
      Mommy: (very nicely) go to sleep now my little darling

... (sometime later)

KoKo: wiggles and talks and sings some more
      Mommy: (stern) Go to sleep! Now!

... (sometime later)

KoKo: wiggles and talks and sings
      Mommy: Ok if you are not sleeping you have to go sleep with daddy. (Thinking that what a previlege it is for mommy to stay with him.)
      KoKo: OK. (Sit up quickly and getting off the bed.)
      Mommy: (getting mad) Now if you go off this bed you'll never have mommy to take you to bed ever!
      KoKo: (scared) OK. (Continues to get off the bed.)
      Mommy: (hold his hands.) Listen, if you ever go out of this room you're never going to have mommy to take you to bed, you understand?
      KoKo: (very obedient) OK.
      Mommy: (fury) Don't ever come back again and ask mommy to take you to bed ok?
      KoKo: Ok. (slip of bed and go to the living room.)
      KoKo: Mommy is mad.
      Mommy: You come back here right now! (pointing to the bed) You must sleep here! In this bed!
      KoKo: Ok. (get on bed obediently and falls asleep in 2 minutes.)
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Funny!

Comment

I never realized just how... scary... you could be, Snowflake.
          Join a Democracy Game today!
          | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Wah wah wah ...
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Snowflake

I laughed at your account . .. baby Flubber, at 19 months doesn't have the vocab of Koko but he is defintely as fickle . Thankfully with an attention span of seconds we can distract him . . . .

he doesn't say "ok" yet-- Instead he just says "no" to everthing even while he is doing the thing you are asking about.

What does amaze me is how quickly their vocab expands. His babbling gets more coherent all the time
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh yeah "no" is one of KoKo's favorite word too. But he uses "ok" very effectively.

Another daily episode would be this:

KoKo: Mom, can I have one candy please?
                Mom: You already have had many candies today.
                KoKo: Just one candy.
                Mom: Do you know too many candies will hurt your teeth?
                KoKo: Ok. (looking at the candy can expectedly and happily.)
                Mom: (Have I just agreed to give him one more candy? ) (Feeling bad to disappoint him now since he's so firmly convinced that he'd get one candy.) (Gives him one candy.)

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Ok now, you all have had your laughs (at my painful expenses ). Now go vote for Googlie!

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Nice

While I would agree with the effort to get more votes for Googlie, I would point out soliciting votes, even for other people, is against the rules for the HoF. I don't think anyone cares, but just thought I'd point it out

/me drinks an early christmas drink
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Darsnan wanders in from the outer realms of the Far Fungal Patches, slapping the dust and stray fungal spores from his overalls. Darsnan signals the bartender for two tumblers of Spartan Whiskey, downing both in quick succession, and turns to the noob at the bar next to him, "did I ever tell'ya about the time I almost landed the Sealurk known as "Nessie of the Freshwater Sea"? No? Well Let me tell ya how I went about it!" . Pauses, "Whats that? Theres another election and you need to go vote right now!?! " . "Well, OK, I guess I better get out an vote myself!" Darsnan pauses, half-torn, "but I better get another drink first..."

Originally posted by Drogue
                      While I would agree with the effort to get more votes for Googlie, I would point out soliciting votes, even for other people, is against the rules for the HoF. I don't think anyone cares, but just thought I'd point it out
                      I agree wholeheartedly with Drogue's comments above. Therefore because it would be illegal why I won't preach to you how Googlie was the only CMN for SMAC(X) back in the winter of 2002, nor how he painstakingly taught me the trade of being a CMN, nor of how much enjoyment he has brought all of us in all of the myriad of PBEM games we inhabit today thanks to him either directly thru his CMN'ship, or indirectly thru those he has taught the CMN trade to....
                      Well done Drogue on ensuring that there are no voter violations in the Apolyton HOF elections in regards to the above voter persuasion violations!

D
                      Last edited by Darsnan; December 24, 2004, 00:18.

Comment

/me falls in...
                        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

/me wishes a Meyrr Crhistasm from the dateline with a glass of Montana wine in one hand (NZ brewn of course)... *hic*

Tomorrow I'm gonna see some ice so I have a white Christmas after all on the 'summer' hemisphere...
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

And here in Alaska, I got Pirates. And its going to be a very wet Christmas...

Comment

Happy Christmas and Holidays to all here.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                                Nice

* Drogue drinks an early christmas drink
                                Actually it is not against the rules. I had the same thought the last time too and only after Ming and a few other people posted and confirmed I realized that not only it is OK but it is recommended for bringing in the on topic people. It was too late last time when I knew that and I have vowed that I will not miss the next round of vote. I will try to find the old posts for you, when I have time. But considering those are old OT posts I may not be able to find them. You could PM DC to confirm this though.

So anyway, happy voting for Googlie!

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X