• Show
Clear All

• We didn't need even that info.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Tired of factions being the wrong color when you load the turn? Tired of faction leaders looking like it's halloween? Tired of manually changing the Alpha Centauri.ini file to match the ACDG settings? Well I was, so I hacked together this little program to parse the ini file and just change the FACTION x= lines to the correct settings.

It'll save me at least a minute of my life

Download the binary and source here:

Just put the binary in your SMAX directory and execute it, and next time you load the ACDG save, the leaders will have sobered up.

Use it on your own risk, though I can't really see what could go wrong (check the source and compile yourself if you like).

/me orders a fried Great Northern Sealurk with chips

Comment

• Fried sealurk?
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• /me enrolls another banner!!
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• an order of sealurk rings and a xenorum
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Hiccup!
              Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

• Hiccup!
                WOW!

Where have you been???
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Hiccup!
                  Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                    an order of sealurk rings and a xenorum

Still waiting for my order . . .

Is the kitchen open ??
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• * The Green Police enters the restaurant, checks table tabs on the counter, looks back at Flubbers' table and starts advancing to him...
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Still waiting for my order . . .

Is the kitchen open ??
                        Unfortunately due to the Morganite's "whaling fleet" meeting an untimely demise, why there is a constriction on the availability of said delicacy. I've also heard that now because there is only one supplier of Great Northern Sealurk renderings, that the price has jumped exponentially, and is probably out of your price range....
                        Maybe you should try the toasted xenofungus chips, instead?

Comment

• You do know that attempting to order any native fauna that is not approved by Gaia does result in penalties? And we have an order from the natives....

Comment

• Now, now, now. Snoddasmannen is a Spartan and every Spartan knows of the Morgan Navy's demise and yet he STILL orders fried Great Northern Sealurk.

I bet some of the Spartan crews deployed in calm waters are moonlighting...

Comment

• /me puts a hand on the weapon handle *

You were saying...
                              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                                * Modo44 puts a hand on the weapon handle *

You were saying...
                                Relax Modo ... This restaurant is not the place to offend people, or get upset at those who might have misunderstood the Spartan ways somewhat. Let's all just try to get along, and keep this discussion friendly and unpolitical.

Originally posted by arginine
                                Now, now, now. Snoddasmannen is a Spartan and every Spartan knows of the Morgan Navy's demise and yet he STILL orders fried Great Northern Sealurk.

I bet some of the Spartan crews deployed in calm waters are moonlighting...
                                No not at all, that would be very unprofessional. I was just thinking, in light of the recent apparent ideological shifts in the council of lords, that the Gaians had perhaps launched some whaling expeditions of their own.

Comment

Working...
                                X