No announcement yet.

Roleplaying - signups, questions, suggestions, announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kody is drifting away. I was afraid that if I come back he would drift away. But I misunderstood him and thought that he gave me a promise. But he is now drifting away. And I think I should also drift away. So I'm now also drifting away.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I thought you left already?

I think you maybe lingering a bit

Too bad about Kody
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Who is gonna be our historian then if you're also gone?
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well see I always have this bad sense of responsibility which is not good for anybody at all. That's why I always am the one who feels bad to see others left holding the bag, but always end up with him/herself holding it. I have started to understand what is called fate. Even if you can see it before hand, and you took steps to avoid it, it happens any way.

Anyway I was drifting too far. All that I was wanting to say is this bad sense of responsibility will keep me drifting around, and I will try my best not letting the history record die.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Well, 'Poly is still very addictive, sooner or later everyone finds his/her way back home...
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Kody is drifting away. I was afraid that if I come back he would drift away. But I misunderstood him and thought that he gave me a promise.
              Honghu, don't feel like you have to hold everything up. Sometimes you need to decide which fights you want to win and which fights you have to lose. Most people take up more tasks they can complete and end up having to neglect some of the tasks they wanted to do, so that they can do others better. That's just the way I think life is sometimes, you make trade offs depending what you think is more important. I didn't promise that I wouldn't drift away, in fact I was already guessing I wouldn't be around. I simply promised that I wouldn't attempt to push work your way. I know that you love this place and you want to stay, but don't be bound here by a sense of duty. Once you start doing things here because you feel you're obliged to it becomes a job and you won't enjoy it anymore. When it becomes a job for you then you will realise you have far more important jobs in real life that need your attention and you will very much want to leave. This is from the experience of someone that had to go through this a twice

Don't feel down, I went to quite some length as you know to let you know that you are not a fault for the problems you take upon yourself. Well almost all, I gave you a hint of a warning that you were biting off more than you could chew with the year by year history you started. Anyway, my own drifting would have been pretty much the same nomatter what your decision.

Comment

It's ok. I understand you. We have different sets of values. I believe when you accept a position, in RL or in game, you have accepted responsibility that comes with it. Of course for me it is always much more funner if I could work with other people and I always work much more effeciently when I'm happy. You know the reason I came here is for the people. But it's ok if I had to work alone. I just don't think we can both leave like that. (You said yes when I suggested we both chip in a little. )

I actually quite like to follow the game and write a little for the game. It's very time consuming and that's why I was hoping you would at least read it and give me feedbacks and suggestions and such. But I guess I can still make it work by change to more simple mode descriptions that fits with one person work.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

/me grabs a chair and makes himself comfortable...
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You folks have done a nice job. I am impressed with your work.

I hope the historian job remains filled. Perhaps the various factions can prepare the historian files for the master historian to review and incorporate into the master history files. This should make the job of the master historian less time consuming.

The lack of a comprehensive history was one of the few disappointments of the last ACDG.

The game is starting to take a life of its own, and soon, and if we can all survive our encounters with the all-mighty and voracious Hive, the game will rule the gameplay.

Mead

Comment

I call the role of evil capitalist #1!

Comment

I know. The game is flying all right. I only have a small problem to figure out before I continue.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

For those also interested in a new SMAC/X SP demo game look
                          here
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                          X