No announcement yet.

The Rules for ACDG III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deal, they're forbidden to do so. For the rest choppers stay the same I though (not sure if they need to have the 'tactical' ability enabled though).
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You beat me by a mere minute Geo
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

No, we voted against forcing the tactical ability. The only restriction on choppers is no attacking bases. This is because (for those who missed earlier discussion) choppers are often seen as overpowered and so we have limited them by removing their ability to attack bases. They can of course still be used to attack units outside of bases.
        Play hangman.

Comment

I believe Drogue is compiling all the rules for this game so we will have a clear reference.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Question on parallel turns. It says in Maniacs list they're allowed for diplomacy. Is that all they're allowed for? Obviously information gained through exploring differently in a parallel turn cannot be gained, but (not pointing fingers, I want to know what is and isn't allowed ) in the hive forum Mead played a turn (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=108172)
            but this was not the official turn played & then posted by the hive.

From the lack of comments by the mods, I presume this is ok. If it is, should we change the above statement to "parallel turns are allowed except for extra exploring"?

Edited for clarity.
            Play hangman.

Comment

Hmmm you are right. I think at the Hive we actually did several parallel turns. The main purpose was to see a player's skill level so that we could use him/her as the official turn player. But we have tried to be careful the parallel turn should be played later than the official turn. However from the thread you referenced looks like we played the parallel turn ahead of time. I would say that it is ok to discuss orders for say base productions, but it is not ok to gain any information from a parallel turn that would not obtain from an official turn. In other words I agree with your extra exploring being not allowed.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Does "testing out battle orders" and "moving your probe units to check the probe cost of something and only then decide whether or not you're going to probe" also fall under "extra exploring" and thus not allowed?
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Would disallowing testing out military orders cover all these?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Poll posted: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=117456

I have clarified what is or is not allowed by parallel turns, using what is posted here.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Ah, okay, in that case, we better leave the stockpile energy bug in. I just haven't played extensively with it so I'm not as familiar with it, but it sounds like leaving it in will be fair.
                      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

bump

Comment

Arginine: This thread is for rules discussion. The rules are stickied. Therefore this thread does not need to be bumped, unless you wish to make a post about discussing the rules.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                          X