Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeoModder
    replied
    2 Angel members have stated their preference sofar, waiting for some other members to pop in...

Leave a comment:

• obstructor
    replied
    A lesson for HongHu: Democracy=>election=>majority decisions. Do you understand? This constant bickering has caused everyone to loose interest in game.

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Well everybody complains about how we are still not starting, but they don't even try and choose a mod for their forum. Hmmm...

Leave a comment:

• obstructor
    replied
    Apparently only Spartans HongHu.

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied

You have my support Maniac.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by obstructor
    Why not?
    Don't know. That's why I'm asking to be sure, to get some other opinions on the matter. Lest someone accuse me that I'm just writing my own personal wishlist to fix perceived problems in the previous ACDG. *cough* Tassadar *cough*

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Which teams have already decided in modships?

Leave a comment:

• Drogue
    replied
    I agree with not allowing the locating of bases in unexplored tiles. I'll read through the rest of the list thoroughly tomorrow, and then look at what people have said and post any suggestions, then I'll poll. I'll also PM Ming about forums and modships, when leaders are decided. Looking good for starting relatively soon

Leave a comment:

• obstructor
    replied
    Why not?

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Should I add this?:
    • It is not allowed to locate bases in unexplored tiles.

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    If we all really want to know where the other factions and other bases are why don't we make the map shown to all in the start. But I'm sure about every one of us will shout at me "what is fun in that?" So I really don't see why we should allow either exploit to find base locations. It's hard to detect if an individual has been dishournest but at least he would not be able to share the knowledge he gained through this exploit openly.

Diplomatic aspect I agree that it should be decided internally by a team. If a player has been leaking info to another team, Drogue should have the right to notify the first team leader so that they can take whatever action against that player.

On others I agree with Manaic's list.

Leave a comment:

• jtsisyoda
    replied
    I also prefer not to use the base finding bugs.

Leave a comment:

• Chaunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
    Summary: Both methods are impossible to control directly, we can ofcorse prohibit them and look to see if anyone knows something they shouldn't. I dont see any point to alowing 1 but not the other as they are basicaly prodiving the same thing. My personal opinion is to alow them, the game already prodides through the Unity Crash sight a nearly equivelent prize the knowlage of starting location thus the use of this bug actualy levels the playing field for all teams. Its balanced for all types of strategies builder or momentum and I can make a good realism argument for it as follows.
    The problem behind that reasoning is that the unity wreckage is then worth much much less. Using exploits like this to "Level the playing field for all teams" is no arguement as the playing field is level if no one uses this exploit. It's knowledge that should only be gained by exploring or from the unity wreckage.

It also takes away much of the fun of the game. If you know that faction x is to your right, and likely to attack you if they find you early, then clearly, expansion to the left is the sensible course of action. In reality, no faction would know that, and would expand with the run of the land, not out of fear or optimism if the roles are reversed.

There's also a feeling of excitement when discovering where a new faction is, seeing if you can sneak a probe round to an undiscovered base etc. All lost with this bug.

I'm very much against it's use

Leave a comment:

• Impaler[WrG]
    replied
    Oh Base Finding Bugs

As stated their are 2 versions, the low level and Advanced versions. As follows descriptions of each

Low method: Click in the blackness, if map dose not recenter you found a base.

Can only identify IF a base is located in a tile, not the faction that controls it or the bases name. Is incredibly Tedious, probly not worth the effort early in the game but late game with more bases its worthwial to combine with base radius pictures to completly map a factions territory. Cycon used this tecniqu (and much brainpower, blood sweat and teas) to make a complete map of PEACE territory.

Advanced method: click and drag off of a unit (any type) to creat a "move to" line. Drag that line all over the map to display the "move to (XX,XX) Distance X" when you pass over a base it will give the bases name whic invariably tell you the faction.

A much faster and easier method that reveals more information. In the early game it can be the equivilent of finding the Unity Radar Dish for all landing sites. Later on you can again create maps with much less blood sweat and tears involved.

Summary: Both methods are impossible to control directly, we can ofcorse prohibit them and look to see if anyone knows something they shouldn't. I dont see any point to alowing 1 but not the other as they are basicaly prodiving the same thing. My personal opinion is to alow them, the game already prodides through the Unity Crash sight a nearly equivelent prize the knowlage of starting location thus the use of this bug actualy levels the playing field for all teams. Its balanced for all types of strategies builder or momentum and I can make a good realism argument for it as follows.

The unity colonists are establishing themselves on an empty world, they obviously would use Radio to stay in contact with scout patrols and between bases. Short Wave Radio bouncing off the Ionosphere has an incredibly long range, it can easily cross the globe and anyone can listen in on it. Even if every transmition is coded the general location of an active tranmiting center (base) could easily be triangulated. Their would be enough uncoded or cracked codes to deduce which faction was which especialy if they have any information as to how the pods broke up off the unity and their subsiquent trajectories.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Damn ----------->

Leave a comment:

Working...
X