No announcement yet.

PUT-CC Unification!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase max time by 12 hours, in case of emergency, unpredicted disasters and tied polls. But I do think we will manage both turns in most cases very quickly.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
      Increase max time by 12 hours
      Sneaky The current limit is 48+12 hours

You cannot trick your god
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Sneaky The current limit is 48+12 hours

You cannot trick your god
        I didn`t try to trick you o Great Tass

You said the max time is 48 hours - I thought you decreased it.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

12+12 limit for CyCon and PUT turns (meaning the max time CPU could take out is 48 hours)....
          12+12=48?
          /me doesn't understand.
          If we only get 48 hours for both the CyCon and PUT turns though, IMHO everyone including the turnplayer should be allowed to switch back and forth between the two faction's turns, even if the PUT turn isn't fully played yet. Otherwise we could for example be faced with a situation where we take 24 hours to play the PUT turn, then open the CyCon turn and suddenly see an unexpected event which we now only have 24 instead of the normal 48 hours to come up with a reaction.
          This option would of course lead to some "reload - tampering is possible" reports, which would cause "some players" to complain about us supposedly cheating and playing ahead. In other words, no matter what we do, they'll always find some silly reason that they can use to give us an undeserved disadvantage.

Oh yeah, it's getting more and more obvious the PEACE-Hive-Drones are also strongly cooperating, so this would mean we only get 48 hours while our combined rivals who can also exchange information during their turns, get 144 hours... (even more of you count PEACE always going over the limit - who are they to complain?)
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

CyCon makes an interesting counterarguement.
            So...nevermind For now
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
              CyCon makes an interesting counterarguement.
              So...nevermind For now
              YESSSS, 96 hours playin' time
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Actually, since it's 48+12 hours per turn, we have to post midway, but we have 120 hours without penalty, as long as we post the PUT one after 60

But let's keep it to 48 per turn, the extra 12 is supposed to just be a buffer, I think.
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Indeed. The goal is of course still the faster the turn can be played, the better.

Comment

And as expected PEACE has once again not made the 48 hour deadline!

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                      And as expected PEACE has once again not made the 48 hour deadline!
                      It's a survival trait
                      They feel the End is near
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

It's a survival trait
                        They feel the End is near
                        Or Tass has started to meddle with spacetime continuum again .

Comment

Astonishing news! Why does all this happen when I am away? So let me get this straight - the OUT turn will be available, as our turn, in the public forum thread? And what is the play schedule - PUT then straight to CyCon...?
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            Astonishing news! Why does all this happen when I am away? So let me get this straight - the OUT turn will be available, as our turn, in the public forum thread? And what is the play schedule - PUT then straight to CyCon...?
                            Yes, check you're 'info asked thread', I'll summarized it there. But the Hive/Drones are really pissed off by this, probably started to plot the End War against us now.
                            Btw, perhaps check the Drone diplomaty thread also, Buster gave us some info there when he thought Maniac was a pirate
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                            X