Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Storm - Who has it?

Trying to get some activity here after the new release

I have started on my first game after the release and I quickly came across an annoying issue here.
    As you might know, Gathering Storm comes with a new leader who can lead two civs. This is Eleanor of Aquitaine. In my current game there's only 6 civs total, where two of them has the same leader. This causes some confusion on who I'm talking to (I'll probably never remember who has the flowers on head), but even worse is in the congress. As you can see on the screenshot Eleanor was the target of a treaty, but which one are they talking about? France or England?
    This space is empty... or is it?

I'm down for some MP/pitboss games
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Is pitboss what is also known as PBEM (play by email) or is it something else? I assume this is what Jon Miller talks about in the new MP format thread?
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I have the new expansion and I just discovered something today, that I at least did not realize. If you chose to settle on a Geothermal Fissure tile you loose the science bonus for the tile because it clears the feature from the tile just like it would for a forest or other removable terrain feature. Also, I am finding that the barbarian situation that had improved with Rise and Fall has returned to the same as it was in the original release of VI. The constantly spawn camps in any Fog of War section that they can. Clear them and they spawn anew on the next turn. Which after 50 turns or so gets to be a real pain.

Comment

what difficulty level are you playing on? There seems to be little in the way of middle ground when it comes to Barbarians. Either you're just besieged by them, or it's smooth sailing.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

self biased I have been using King for my games in Gathering Storm and have been using that level for awhile in Rise and Fall. Been trying to get some of the achievements finished. I noticed the barbarian differences moving from the base game to Rise and Fall. We seem to have moved back to the Hordes level of Civ II.

Comment

Working...
            X