redboxtv
    redbox tv
    redboxtv app
    redboxtv download

complete anlaysis is provoded here.

Leave a comment:

• Standup
    replied
    A few names from the past. I may have to give CIV 6 another go if Jon is getting into it on the basis we're probably a similar 'vintage'.
    Haven't played since the initial release when it really didn't grab me.

Leave a comment:

• jeffkarl441
    replied
    This CIV is pretty cool. I really just did enjoyed this game. I hope that they release the next version soon.

Leave a comment:

• fredluis
    replied
    It's my pleasure to find this amazing website who provides mostly unseen information about every single topic which is i really like it. tree trimming

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    You can create Armies and Corps and so stack your units in some way (similar in some sense to CtP maybe?). I have been much more impressed with Civ6 (although I haven't played with the expansions yet) then I was with Civ5. I haven't looked at mobility, but I see that mods exist.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Straybow
    replied
    Hmmph, didn't even know there was a Civ VI. Hated even the sound of 1UPT, never tried V. Old computer died, never installed any Civs on laptop, no time to play...

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    I have an inquiry, the first CIV game that came out where you only had a single unit in the city kind of turned me off. I still play CIV BTS every week, along with Call To Power and CIV II: TOT.. My question is how popular are these latest games?

I have thought about giving it a go, just didnt have much enthusiasm in investing the time.

Are theses latest easily moddable, like BTS with World Builder and being able to alter files for scenario making.

Thanks for any response!

Grandpa Troll

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    I am still playing the game I posted above, although very slowly (only 1-3 turns a play session, a couple times a week). This is why I haven't pursued multiplayer more.

I recently was declared war on by the 2nd/3rd players (I Think). I have been very strong, but I haven't done any wars but an early very dominant war that I declared. I am concerned that I will squander my military lead due to not understanding the size and interaction. This is the first time I have played past Middle Ages after all.

Here is my newest city. In the lands of my enemy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.46.28 AM 2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	9374630
    My older city, also near my enemies.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.46.41 AM.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	9374631

I think my enemies are even in tech but behind in troops. They may no longer be behind in troops. My tech might even be one or two ahead (despite not making the most science).

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.47.07 AM.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	9374632

That is a point of expansion. I was going to attack (colonial war) France again but now I won't.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.46.57 AM.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	9374634

This is the home country.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.47.16 AM.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	9374638

And the point where I am considering an attack or defense.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.47.31 AM.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	9374637

JM
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    The war against the Barbarians near Jambi is the first of what I would call a war. There was an even larger war down at the south of the continent and there was a naval war (which will probably have a land war after the French war).

JM

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    I didn't have an Aqueduct nor was declared War on, so both those were done without boosting. I had forgotten about the former. I completed the second sea resource later that turn (or the next).

JM

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    This is a game I am going to play all the way through. I am currently at 700 AD still with 4 cities, I think that I maybe got too focused on development (I tend to do that). The French and the Polish are the weakest groups scientifically (at 700 AD). The French are going with an expansionist strategy and the Poles are going with a Religion strategy. I waited to go to war with the French until around 660 AD.

There are not a lot of minerals on my continent and so I went up a tech path that didn't get me Apprenticeship until near 660 AD.

Despite being third in Science I have tied with the most technology (25 at 700 AD) and I am 4th in Religion. I kept up in Science by not really doing a tech that I didn't have boosted until Apprenticeship (there was probably 1 or 2 others). Maybe I should have chased it harder and maybe I should have chased Science more (I only have 1 Library and 2 Campuses). I was a little slower on Trading this game than I have been on others, but it is still a key part of my strategy.

All my early wars were with Barbarians.

JM
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    Thanks. I think normally the sales are summer, cyber Monday (my birthday time period) and Christmas. That is why I say summer, birthday or next year.

If Civ6 is good (it appears to be) I will get an expansion then.

Time is the much bigger constraint than the finances... I just would rather stop by local coffee shop an extra 4 times this next month rather than have an expansion to a game that I might only play 10 hours this year (although currently I am enjoying it, so it would be much more).

JM

Leave a comment:

• self biased
    replied
    every once in a while steam runs a good sale. I'll try to remember you next time.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    I have time and financial constraints. Since I just got Civ6 for Christmas I can probably enjoy vanilla until my birthday... or at least summer (or next year).

JM
    (or, honestly, one of the other many games I purchased when I was single (or even childless) when I had both more time and more money.)

Leave a comment:

• self biased
    replied
    Rise and Fall is already out. Gathering Storm lands in a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X