Army vs corps vs dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army vs corps vs dude

I've been rolling my troops into corps and armies as allowed. What does this mean in game terms. Also. The civilpedia sucks. I don't care for a dictionary history lesson on professional atmies I want to know what it means in game terms.

Mike

Corps = Attack Power + 10
    Army = Attack Power + 17
    (all in relation to a single dude)

No other changes.
    Also, according to informations given in Civ Fanatics it seems like the upkeep of the corps and army are just the upkeep for a single unit (and not twice/triple that)
    So, the only drawback of corps/armies compared to single units are the production times.

On a sidenote:
    If you have a military academy in a city, you can produce corps/armies there from the ground off, at reduced production costs (corps = 1.5 times single unit, army = 2 times single unit)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This allows more combat power concentration.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        Corps = Attack Power + 10
        Army = Attack Power + 17
        (all in relation to a single dude)

No other changes.
        Also, according to informations given in Civ Fanatics it seems like the upkeep of the corps and army are just the upkeep for a single unit (and not twice/triple that)
        So, the only drawback of corps/armies compared to single units are the production times.

On a sidenote:
        If you have a military academy in a city, you can produce corps/armies there from the ground off, at reduced production costs (corps = 1.5 times single unit, army = 2 times single unit)
        I was not aware of this. I know I can produce units from my encampment but have not seen anything that says I can cue up an entire army or corp of a particular unit. Where is this at?

Comment

When you've unlocked corps or armies, a drop-down arrow shows in the production screen next to military units that lets you choose.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Armies and corps also cost upkeep the same as a regular unit.
            So instead of 2 units, you have one unit with strength +10 and half the upkeep.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Also, take into account that the combat system in Six is based on differential CS, so a +10 and a +17 is a huge bonus regardless of the base CS of the single unit.
              Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Working...
              X