From a non expert but die hard Civer of Elder Statesman Status [Review]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a non expert but die hard Civer of Elder Statesman Status [Review]

I am by no means an expert on Civilization however find this the single most enjoyable game series I have ever played!

I did not care for CIV 5!

I am just into CIV VI for two hours but love so far!

So many things to learn which appeals to me, I dont want a simply combat game, rather a mix diversity of challenging paths with each decision much like life, some you can change other have far reaching implications.

Will give feedback as I am stumbling around learning the where-for-to go paths!!

I will say my initial answer, knee jerk reaction is yes this appears well worth the monies invested!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Thank you for this and please continue to update! I've been playing since the original Civilization and was also very disappointed with Civ 5. Every time I tried to play it I just thought, "this is pretty fun, kind of reminds me of Civ 4, hey, why don't I play that again?". So I've been looking for opinions from people who actually didn't like Civ 5...

Comment

Much more to this game than the CIV IV series and vefore.

I will state Call To Power and BTS were my two favorites versions o Civilization followed by CIV II Test of Time or MGE.

One point I have a hard time with is Mountains, they should be of some value, perhaps later game?

I have no problem having penalties associated with movement but certainly mountains could help with production?

Moving along, downloaded the PDF guide at 2K..very helpful!
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Keep these updates coming.

As another old player from Civ I and CTP, it looks like Civ VI will tempt me back (after skipping Civ V because of the 1 UPT change).
        "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Working...
        X