Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Interesting. -I'd heard of the floating farms, but not made that 'but of course' connection...

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing any references to any of the developed Mesoamerican cultures eating the sacrifices...
    Ritual cannidalism was part of the human sacrifice of their religion. Wrt sewage much of the human manure was used on their floating farm fields. Without domesticated animals to provide manure human manure became a prime source of fertilizer as well a main vector for spread paracites such as intestinal worms.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Maybe more than one - I don't recall the Spaniards recounting that the lake was stinky, and everybody has to go potty - of course, grossing out medieval Spaniards may not have been easily done, but I do wonder what they did there about the sewage, that sort of thing being more than a grossness problem...

Leave a comment:

• Elok
    replied
    I have. It's speculated that the Aztecs ate the bodies; one of many attempts to make sense of the vast industrial-scale production of carcasses. One does wonder: if they were living in the middle of a lake, however did they dispose of such a vast number of dead bodies before they started to stink? There's one obvious solution . . .

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    I don't recall ever seeing any references to any of the developed Mesoamerican cultures eating the sacrifices...

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    They need references to cannibalism.

I do like how defeated units can be turned into builders buy how long will a warrior stay competitive really? It will probably be obsolete by turn 30 and take eight turns to build.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    started a topic First Look: Aztecs (video)

First Look: Aztecs (video)

Courtesy of AC2:

Working...
X