Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwolf – we want your feedback!

Hey all,

My name is Yogev and I'm the Community Manager for Overwolf - a new and FREE in-game toolset designed especially for PC gaming.

Overwolf allows you to access various desktop and web applications while you play games. You can record gameplay videos, use Skype or Ventrilo for voice and text communication, check your Facebook news feed and surf the web with an in-game web browser.

We have launched a limited beta just recently, and we are looking for some user feedback so we will know how to improve. Please feel free to contact me (via personal message or email) and give me your feedback about Overwolf, ask for new features or anything else.

You can download the new version here.

Thank You & Rock On!

Yogev Sitton
    Overwolf's Community Manager
    Team@Overwolf.com or Yogev.Sitton@Overwolf.com
    www.overwolf.com

i'm not sure how a social networking connection works with Civ5 - also i wonder what's in it for you; does this mean you will try to implement in-game ads in the future?

will Mount Fuji be called Mount Kodak if i do a google search for digital cameras with your system?
    will the Rock of Gibraltar point to the blu-ray for 'the rock'?

Comment

Social Networking connection could be cool. Post some screen shots or videos of your gameplay to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

No in-game ads are planned

Comment

Do you want feedback or do you want us to send you emails which will have our email addresses on them. And then maybe you send us spam? I am rather suspicious I admit. (There appears to be no means of providing this "feedback" without disclosing a return email address?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverBld View Post
          Social Networking connection could be cool.
          I think you've formulated your response for the wrong target audience. Don't insult our intelligence; cowabunga, awesome, dude! Civilization probably doesn't attract as many script kiddies as your average shooter. It requires a larger and more attuned attention span.

You might as well just tell us what your business model is. My guess involves behavioural and demographic data collection, deep packet inspection, and targeted offers as a result.

Also I don't get the added value that you claim to be offering.

You're tying together a number of applications in an additional layer. These include social networks, IM, and a recording application. If I want to check my facebook, I sure won't do it from my game screen. I'll do it from one of the other screens I've got connected to that PC. And if I want to message someone in-game, we can already do it from within the game. The recording application is nice, but considering how many hours Civ games take, I don't think it's relevant. Also it already exists in various forms and shapes. Without the marketing, that is.

I sure hope the younger generation of gamers is sensible enough to come to similar conclusions. Well, a man can dream, anyway.

Comment

cowabunga, thats was a perfect reply Zoetstofzoetje!

i hope you asked apolyton Nicely before you shameless pimped your product, but then your an online community manager, i doubt this even entices a smidgen of shame.

Comment

Why is this thread even here? I thought Ming was a mod here and he's never been shy about using his powers. Maybe he's playing the game too much.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Braindead, you can send us feedback here on this forum (apolyton) via this post or a private message, our forums (in www.overwolf.com) or email me. There are many ways - not all of them requires you to give us your email address - and spam is not our business

Zoetstofzoetje, not every PC gamer has several screens connected to their PC. I would imagine that these players would find great user of Overwolf. Anyway, one of the reasons I'm posting in this CIV5 community is to hear you guys out. What features would you find useful? Overwolf is under constant work and take every feedback we get very seriously.

Comment

Good luck in your endevour Silverbld (Ive not checked out overwolf but I hope its not some horrible malware having just wished you luck)

With regards to the negative comments - this is the internet , a neutral anonymous place. Are we not all Bros here? In some ways I can understand this real world attitude, an attitude where you gain if you can keep the other guy down.

What is there to gain here by shouting another guy down? There is nothing to gain except a misplaced sense of superiority.

Oh, wait! Youre Isreali? in which case you can burn in..... ah naw Im just joking
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                    With regards to the negative comments - this is the internet , a neutral anonymous place.
                    Ah, the company is Israeli. Snotty, in that case I wouldn't worry about it. In their culture they are even more straightforward and rude than the Dutch

My question remains, SilverBld. I've been in your country and have done business with people there several times; to put it in your language: "what's in it for you?" and "it will have to be a deal which is good for us, and maybe for you too"

lol

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                      Why is this thread even here? I thought Ming was a mod here and he's never been shy about using his powers. Maybe he's playing the game too much.
                      In the past, we have had NO PROBLEM with other game or relevent sites posting a SINGLE thread in support of their forums or service. As long as they aren't asking for money or are a commercial site, it's all part of the gaming community. However, if it is a spyware type of thing that they are making money on, then yeah, why is this thread here

But with what was posted, it seems harmless... so far

But I would have to agree with some of the comments already made. I see no need for the features they claim to provide. I message within game, I don't really care about social netorking when playing a game, and nothing else they claim it does seem worth it to me.
                      After reading the first post, I had absolutely NO INTEREST in following up with them
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

what is spyware? giving an answer to that is as difficult as defining hardware without using the word software.

overwolf seems to be nothing but a mesh of pre-existing programs. what they are asking is which features would convince us to use the program - so that they get access to all our information.

social networking applications are spyware intermediaries. they connect you to other people. in return you give them your social security number, name of your cat and dog, and your preferred kama sutra position. they sell this to the highest bidder. it's a business, nothing more nothing less.

(considering Yogev's "rock on" and "cool" comments, i don't think he was expecting this kind of analyses...)

Comment

Silverbld, i appreciate your just doing a job and bladi blaadie bladie,

but you got your marketing wrong when you choose to select Civ 5 as a game to try generate users for overwolf. a product like overwolf appeals to a certain age group (the net kids), and unfortuantly for you your very late to that market (imo, irc was the grandaddy), plus civ is not exactly sharing marterial.

you should be in the FPS genre.

Comment

Snotty, thanks! Let me assure you that Overowlf is no malware. I hate those myself... Just take a look at www.overwolf.com. We spent too much time on building the damn website to waste it on something stupid like that . I would love to get your feedback on Overwolf though.

Zoetstofzoetje, great to hear you've visited Israel. How did you like it? Send me an email next time you are around - we will invite you to our offices . As for Spyware. We don't save your Facebook details on our server or access them. We only use them to log you into Facebook so you can post your videos and screenshots.

Ming, Overwolf is free. No credit card is required . I would love to hear what missing features you would like to see in Overwolf in the future.

Mr Justice, obviously FPS players are the majority of our users. BUT, I don't think anyone would argue that CIV5 is one of the biggest PC games out there - maybe the biggest one to come out this year... It would be stupid not to, at least, make you guys aware of Overwolf. I would love to hear what features you would want to see in future releases of Overwolf.

Comment

this is the issue that we see and you dont Silverbld, the older gamer (like me) has no interest in anything other than gaming when i'm playing games, my time is limited and i dont want to waste it!

Comment

Working...
                              X