Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DirectX options in Steam launch window???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MxM
    replied
    How do you select DX 11 vs DX 10? I see no way of doing it in any option!

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumby007 View Post
    Hi, what is up with the multiple launch options in Steam and their effects on the game?

1) Play Sid Meiers's Civ V
    2) Sid Meiers Civ 5 (DirectX 9)

if I choose option 1 then another screen comes up and offers me (redundantly) to select to play using DirectX 9 OR DirectX 10 & 11 (RECOMMENDED).

If I choose "DirectX 10 & 11 (RECOMMENDED)" then it appears to me that the game does not display as well as it does on DirectX 9 (the water tyles for example are much better under DirectX 9.

Why the options? and why do at least some things appear better under 9?
    Yeah, Direct X 11 is much nicer but if you are near the minimum specs then you'll have to use direct X 9.

Leave a comment:

• pdxsean
    replied
    It sure would be nice if those options didn't pop up every time you started the game. I have directx 11 selected, does it really think I'm going to go back to 9 at some point? Something I hope they'll tweak in a patch.

Leave a comment:

• Gumby007
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    DX11 is faster and better, as long as you have a decent PC.
    Nikolai, thanks. I will go with that. And I solved the issue of why things seemed to look better under Dictect X9. It turns out that if you set your Graphics Options (for water quality for example) after selecting the DirectX9 (option 2 above), and then later switch to launch the game using Option 1 and selecting 10 or 11, that the Graphics options choosen before are not retained (ie - I had default lower quality options set for me). You must RESET them for each version of DirectX that you might choose.

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    DX11 is faster and better, as long as you have a decent PC.

Leave a comment:

• Gumby007
    started a topic DirectX options in Steam launch window???

DirectX options in Steam launch window???

Hi, what is up with the multiple launch options in Steam and their effects on the game?

1) Play Sid Meiers's Civ V
    2) Sid Meiers Civ 5 (DirectX 9)

if I choose option 1 then another screen comes up and offers me (redundantly) to select to play using DirectX 9 OR DirectX 10 & 11 (RECOMMENDED).

If I choose "DirectX 10 & 11 (RECOMMENDED)" then it appears to me that the game does not display as well as it does on DirectX 9 (the water tyles for example are much better under DirectX 9.

Why the options? and why do at least some things appear better under 9?
Working...
X