Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ 3 OSX compatability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Civ 3 OSX compatability

    ...fairly straightfoward question. Will Civ 3 be able to run on OS-X, or will we have to use classic?
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

  • #2
    osx runs classic programs anyway right?

    well, the interpretation i got from the whole mess where people said it would run on x but not 8.6 and then bradman said it would, was that it would run on both

    hope that's coherant

    hopefully brad will tell you in intelligent terms because the computer talk confuses me. i'm just glad it will run on 8.6
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Civ 3 OSX compatability

      Originally posted by Admiral
      Will Civ 3 be able to run on OS-X...?
      Yes, definitely. I'm doing most of my development work on Civ3 under 10.1. A more generic answer: all current Westlake titles in development and future ones not yet under development will run natively under 10.

      Brad
      Brad Oliver
      bradman AT pobox DOT com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Re: Civ 3 OSX compatability

        Originally posted by bradman


        Yes, definitely. I'm doing most of my development work on Civ3 under 10.1. A more generic answer: all current Westlake titles in development and future ones not yet under development will run natively under 10.

        Brad
        he is so cool

        *bows to bradman*

        i bet the people in the civ forums wished firaxis answered their questions so promptly (and thoroughly)
        Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

        Comment


        • #5
          that's the advantage of only having five or six people in a forum.
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Admiral
            that's the advantage of only having five or six people in a forum.
            hey! we have more than that! it's more like 7 or 8
            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

            Comment


            • #7
              we'll have triple that in february.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wiglaf
                we'll have triple that in february.
                onward and upward! nevermind mingy and ashhole
                Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

                Comment


                • #9
                  Will i be able to play a scuccession game with my friends who have PC? A succesion game is where player A has 10 turns, then emails it to player B who plays ten turns and then emails it to player C who has 10 turns etc.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    Will i be able to play a scuccession game with my friends who have PC? A succesion game is where player A has 10 turns, then emails it to player B who plays ten turns and then emails it to player C who has 10 turns etc.
                    The save-game format is identical, if that's what you're asking. I've successfully started a game on the PC and moved it over to the Mac to continue and vice-versa.

                    Brad
                    Brad Oliver
                    bradman AT pobox DOT com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've successfully started a game on the PC and moved it over to the Mac to continue and vice-versa.
                      Cool. Thanks, thats exactly what i meant.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X