Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatekeeper
    replied
    OK, I've caved in and upgraded to 8.6, but that's it! No higher, 'cause I'm getting a *new* 'puter down the road, so y'all will have to wait for that iPhone, iSight thingie!

BTW, my iMac only has 160 RAM.

Gatekeeper

Leave a comment:

• dojoboy
    replied
    Other = eMac, G4/1GHz, 384MB RAM

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    PowerMac G4 500 (single)

and

iBook 466 graphite (with DVD player)

Leave a comment:

• Agathon
    replied
    True - especially if it came in a box with that switcher chick (not the druggie, the nice one).

Leave a comment:

• monolith94
    replied
    A G5?

Leave a comment:

• Agathon
    replied
    Come on Gatekeeper, you are letting the side down. After all if you get 10.2 then Monolith, Drake and I can annoy you with ichat phone calls.

What more could anyone want?

Leave a comment:

• CivPatriot
    replied
    I have 10.2 running just fine on my old CRT imac, and its just 50Mhz faster than your machine, as long as you have more than 256 MB of ram it will run, and you will find that 10.2 is far better than anything that came before it.

Leave a comment:

• Drake Tungsten
    replied
    I won't go to 10.x.x with this computer.

I don't see why not. My original G3 (266 Mhz) runs 10.1.5 just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Agathon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Nope. Still using solid, reliable 8.5.1 ... I won't go to 10.x.x with this computer.

Gatekeeper
    You can if you shove a few hundred megs in. I did and it works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Gatekeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by Agathon
    You running OS X, Gatekeeper?
    Nope. Still using solid, reliable 8.5.1 ... I won't go to 10.x.x with this computer.

Gatekeeper

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Originally posted by CivPatriot
    you know i will have to give apple credit, the imac CRTs have stood the test of time, my first mac was a iMac 450, and i still think its one of the greatest computers ever made, its running OS X fairly fast(using only 384MBram). i hope that my ibook will give service as well as the imac has. hey does anyone know the max amounf of ram the imac will take? transintl has it at 1GB i was just wondering if that was true, i'm thinking about adding somemore memory to her if that's the case.
    hi ,

only one place to really find out , www.apple.com , go and visist that store

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• CivPatriot
    replied
    you know i will have to give apple credit, the imac CRTs have stood the test of time, my first mac was a iMac 450, and i still think its one of the greatest computers ever made, its running OS X fairly fast(using only 384MBram). i hope that my ibook will give service as well as the imac has. hey does anyone know the max amounf of ram the imac will take? transintl has it at 1GB i was just wondering if that was true, i'm thinking about adding somemore memory to her if that's the case.

Leave a comment:

• Agathon
    replied
    You running OS X, Gatekeeper?

Leave a comment:

• Gatekeeper
    replied
    Heh. It's a joke, panag. My machine's getting "old" now, so I'm letting it file for senior citizen benefits. Which usually translates into 10 percent off at eating establishments. Which doesn't help, 'cause the iMac is a very *finicky* eater.

Gatekeeper

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatekeeper
    iMac CRT, purchased in May 1999. I'm letting it file for senior citizen benefits this year.

Gatekeeper

hi ,

, okay , can you give more info on that , ......

thanks in advance

have a nice day

ps ; rumour control , they want to expand and rework he e-mac , .....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X