Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RevCast Episode 09: "For the Accolades" (Part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RevCast Episode 09: "For the Accolades" (Part 1)

With a capital 'A'. Regular co-host Joe "joebreeves" Reeves, interim regular co-host Daniel "DanQ" Quick and first-time guest co-hosts "elthrasher" and "Grayson" lead the first of a two-part installment of the series with the ninth episode of RevCast (RC), a podcast focusing on Civilization: Revolution on its various platforms. "For the Accolades" (Part 1) is now netcasting with a runtime of 14m59s.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories. Its next episode, the second in this two-parter, is scheduled for release in a fortnight.
    Last edited by DanQ; November 4, 2009, 20:57. Reason: Corrected user link
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 01m23s | Topic #1
    Baseline differences between the singleplayer and multiplayer Civilization: Revolution experience.
    - 07m43s | Topic #2
    A technical misbehaviour, and how the game's Artificial Intelligence fares in online play.
    - 09m56s | Topic #3
    The timer factor and where some real-time tactics factor into otherwise turn-based strategy.
    - 13m04s | Topic #4
    Co-host gamer tags and general outlook on CivRev as compared to other console titles
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

the link is to episode 8 right now, and I tried the streaming thing, and it didn't work. oh well, I guess ppl will have to wait for a bit longer to listen to all those gems I dropped

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
        the link is to episode 8 right now,
        Whoops, yes, my bad.

Link corrected in less than 10 minutes after this posting.

and I tried the streaming thing, and it didn't work.
        It took me a bit of troubleshooting to narrow down the difficulty with this in part, but it's now corrected too.

Comment

as I said over on 2k, it's sounds great. Being a part of the process and realizing the work you guys put into this for nothing but the love of Civ and for the enjoyment of the fans, it makes me truely grateful that you guys are doing this for us fans.

I enjoyed the recording aspect of it, as it provided me and elthrasher with another avenue of talking about this game. We spend a lot of our day playing this game and then posting on the forums, so it was a cool experience to actually get to talk about the game instead of typing out our thoughts.

I've been interviewed before by newspapers and tv stations, and usually I'm disappointed with the final product or the editing that takes place, because often times editing can place things out of context or let the interviewer take journalistic privilages on the info. But, this was not the case, I really feel like you did catch the esssentials and more from the first part of our conversation, and I can't wait for epsidoe 10 and all the future espisodes.

So again, thanks you for allowing me to take part in this

Comment

Thank you for the most kind words, Grayson , and to you and elthrasher for being enthusiastic participants in the recording of this episode (and the one to follow).

Comment

Working...
            X