CivRev US delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivRev US delayed

All three versions of Civilization: Revolution have been delayed in the US and Canada. The new release date is July 8th. The Europe release date remains June 6th.

In the additional time, multiplayer tournaments will be added among other things. Read more here.
    Last edited by Will9; April 24, 2008, 21:41.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

So, Europe either gets delayed as well, or gets shafted on the tournaments?

Anyway, month delay? That's pushing it past my Bday, which means I'm unlikely to get it on release and will wait a while then.

Edit: after reading the link, this makes even less sense.

They are not "adding more features". They are just adding crap in to the demo to make the wait easier.

So, WHAT is the delay FOR?

For players in the U.S. and Canada, we are going to take this extra time to make your launch of Civilization Revolution even more awesome than initially planned. We have a lot of things up our sleeve to tide you over: We are going to set up some extensive multiplayer tournaments for US and Canadian players. These tournaments will run off the Civilization multiplayer demo, so everyone can enjoy them. Perks for the winners of these contests are still being worked out, but those who are victorious can expect to get some limited edition Civilization Revolution swag, cash prizes, and a lucky few will face off against the teams at 2K and Firaxis.

In addition, we are setting up gift-with-purchase programs with some retailers in the U.S. and Canada to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Stay tuned for more details on the multiplayer tournaments and the gift-with-purchase options. I’ll have more info on that in the weeks to come!
    How do you "make your launch even more awesome".

Ok, a multiplayer demo contest is pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure most people would prefer to have the full game earlier rather than a demo build to play with a contest attached and a later release.
    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 24, 2008, 17:50.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I think that's called, move to July which has fewer releases scheduled.

April-June is pretty jam packed with games. July, not so much.

Regardless, I guess I'll be getting that on my birthday, the 9th.

Comment

Yeah, they were afraid of Lego Indiana Jones, obviously.

(that's all the jumped out at me on amazon for the weeks surrounding the June date, anyway.)
        Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 24, 2008, 18:05.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The tournaments are a 'sorry for the delay', not an actual addition from what i've read... they're run using the MP Demo.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X