A.I. in created maps problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I. in created maps problem.

I made a map and every time i play it the other civs won't build anything but cities and military people. They have no roads or any land improvements. I haven't even seen one of their workers and when you place in embassy in another civilization you can see what units are in their capital and i can not see any workers there.
    Why don't they have any workers and why don't they build any?
    Anyone know?
    Last edited by Raiche23; March 19, 2002, 18:44.

This is strange... Have you played against the most pedantic AI?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

yes i've played it in chiefton and diety. i even changed starting locations but nothing still the comps refuse to build improvements.

Comment

i decided to go edit the rules and i have unchecked the disband and join city options for the worker and now the computer civs have workers but they just sit there in the capital and do absolutely nothing.
        Why is this happening?!!!

Comment

Did you change any more rules? Perhaps you have disabled the "ai uses this unit to build improvements" flag by mistake.

Greetings, Tori.

Comment

I remember hearing that if a unit did not have every single terraform command given to them with the editor, the AI would not use them as workers.

Comment

i rechecked everything and am now using default rules but there is still no change. i believe that the computer is disbanding their worker as soon as the game starts and not building anymore as the game progresses.

i made another map just to see if i would have the same problem but that map is fine so i know that it is a map problem. there must be something you can't do when making a map or something. nothing to do with the rules just the actual making of the map.

Comment

Finally I know why

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I have discovered why the computer would never use their workers.
                It is because I had a river that connected from one ocean into another ocean. I unconnected them and now the computer builds!!!

I find it pretty stupid though how just because you have a river connecting into two oceans that the computer wont build anything.

Comment

That's strange. I suggest you email Firaxis on this. It's most likely a bug.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                  X