GRAPHIC: new title screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: new title screen

Hi, I created a new title screen because I didn't really like the old castle. This would look even better if I hadn't had to reduce it to 256 colors. Btw, I have a .psd (photoshop) image with the "sid meier's civilization 3" stored as a layer so you could add it on top of any image you wanted. I'll post that in a bit. I made this with photoshop and paint shop pro (used psp to decrease colors and to edit the pallette because the last color will be transparent to the black background behind the title screen)

here is the image see the attached file for the .pcx version
    Attached Files

attached is the title bar so you can use it in photoshop or in psp (paste as transparent selection) on top of you own image to customize your title screen.

see attached zip for this picture in .psd form.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not bad. I like the blimp.

However, the text looks pixelated. Maybe it´s just because of the smaller size of the screenshot?

Comment

Yeah, I was kinda bummed out about that. The pixelation is because the original file had about 93000 colors in it and i reduced it down to 256. Firaxis should at least make the splash and title screens in high resolution/high color. I'll keep an eye out for other less high quality pictures to put in the title. Btw, those are airships :P

Comment

Anti-aliasing

I'm not a graphics guru, but I think the pixellation effect comes from anti-aliasing. The "Sid Meier's" looks to be anti-aliased for a light-colored background, whereas the "Civilization" is anti-aliased to appear smooth on a dark background.

Compare the way they appear in the picture with the castle and in the one with a white background.

Comment

I that has something to do with the way i cut around the letters. It would still be ok, if we didn't have to reduce colors, but we do so it becomes real apparent.

Comment

Is that a Final Fantasy screenshot?

Comment

Yes. For the startup splash screen for my mod I'm using a great pic of Bahamut.

Comment

Here's a LoTR title screen, they're easy to make, hard to choose just one pic though

attached at the bottom is the pic in pcx form ready to use put in the civ3\art\ directory.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mizaq; March 12, 2002, 16:13.

Comment

Working...
                  X