Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Neptune7
    replied
    with this is it possible to change the other civ's so that after i start a game i can move the others to where i want them on the map.?>?

Leave a comment:

• pauli
    replied
    hwinkels: i don't believe i ever got a retirement warning. however, i got a cultural victory long before 2000 :/ i guess it's not going to bother stopping me. it didn't do anything when my ship launched, either.

Leave a comment:

• s3d
    replied
    He he. I'm waiting

Leave a comment:

• hwinkels
    replied
    I hear you, Minuteman. Probably by the weekend. I've been trying to add a certain function to it without much luck (the auto-play thing) but I'll put it up there whether or not I can make it work in another couple of days. Thanks for the suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• Minuteman
    replied
    Hey hwinkels, just a suggestion, but you might want to consider making this utility available at Civ Fanatics as well. You're little utility is very useful but will only get buried in obscurity here.

Leave a comment:

• hwinkels
    replied
    Dr. Strangelove: Glad you got it to work. I've had download problems myself on several sites using IE 5.5. I don't know if it's IE version related or what. Whenever I download from southparkstudios.com I run into similar hassles, but when I download from Apolyton I never seem to have a problem.

Gutz: Yes, d/c is "double-click".

pauli: Please let me know if works for you. You should get the retirement warning 50 yrs. ahead of time. The warning is based on years and not turns, meaning if you set it to something ridiculous like 100 BC (-100), you'll get the warning only a turn or two ahead of the forced retirement date. Anything after 1948 and you'll get the full 50-year/50-turn heads-up warning.

s3d: It's not enabled but I'll play with it a bit this evening and see if I can make it happen at-will. I never thought it might actually be useful that way! Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• pauli
    replied
    neat program

looks like i'll be able to take my time finishing my game (i'm at 2045 now)

Leave a comment:

• Gutz
    replied
    I forgot to mention that for the download problem wher it names it attachment, you are most definitely not the only one. Just rename the file you download to anyname.zip and you can unzip it normally then.
    Gutz

Leave a comment:

• Gutz
    replied
    I think it is double click on.....

Leave a comment:

• Dr Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by hwinkels
    The file you need to double-click on is the Civ3SavEdit.exe file. Where did you unzip it to? .EXE files don't have "associated programs" ... they ARE programs! What are you d/c on?
    I figured it out. When I download straight off this forum everything gets named "attachment" so I have to rename the files before downloading. I renamed this file "tcgedit" without including the extension ".zip" so my computer didn't know hwo to open the program. Then I tried renaming the file "tcgedit.zip" and then unzipped it into the Civ3 main directory, but the unzipped file still didn't work. Finally I just opened the downloaded renamed file with Winzip classic and clicked on the civ3savedit.exe file and it worked fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder why I am?

What is "d/c on"?

Leave a comment:

• s3d
    replied
    Originally posted by hwinkels
    whole game just played itself without me having to make any moves at all! It was very strange to watch.
    Wow! I want this feature for mod testing! Is it enabled in your editor ?

Leave a comment:

• hwinkels
    replied
    The file you need to double-click on is the Civ3SavEdit.exe file. Where did you unzip it to? .EXE files don't have "associated programs" ... they ARE programs! What are you d/c on?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Strangelove
    replied
    How do you start the program? I unzipped the file, but when I click on it I get a message stating that there is no assosciated program to open it.

Leave a comment:

• hwinkels
    replied
    There's a field that holds the Player's civ. I first tried just changing that field in order to switch civs. It didn't work as I expected it to, and the whole game just played itself without me having to make any moves at all! It was very strange to watch. I ended up changing around the steps the program makes to swap the player's civ with another one.

It does seem possible - even easy, maybe - that MP could be enabled with a little tinkering. I'm still experimenting.

Leave a comment:

• FrantzX
    replied
    Multiplayer?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X