Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading unit problem.

Hi!
    I bought my Civ3 copy 2 days ago and I started playing with the French. Later on, I read the strategy guide in this website, where there was written that French special unit is crap. However, I have already played many turns in my game and I didn't want to start another one. Finally I discovered gunpowder and I built a city where saltpeter was (it took me looong, because the city was in another continent). One thing I really like about this game is the possibility to upgrade your unit; so early in the game I upgraded my spearmen to pikemen and I wanted to do the same with musketeers. However I couldn't: infact pikemen upgrade to musketman, which I don't have because musketeer replace them and I couldn't upgrade pikemen to musketeer either. This is insane: not only French have a useless special unit, but they are not allowed to upgrade pikemen too.
    Does this happen also with other races? I mean: if I play Chinese, can I upgrade my horseman to Rider (Chinese special unit that replaces knight) or not?
    Thx for the answers

Yes, that is happening with all UUs.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yeah, and it bites. So what I did was to make the normal unit available to all the civs and make the normal unit upgradable into the UU.
      DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
      -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMatter
        So what I did was to make the normal unit available to all the civs and make the normal unit upgradable into the UU.
        How did you do that?

Comment

Working...
        X