X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivGeneral
    replied
    Jet Fighter and Stealth Bomber Attack Animations Flaw.

Q: Is the Fraxis team fixing the Sealth Bomber and Jet Bomber Attack Animations (See Strange Flickerings in Jet Fighter and Stealth Bomber Attack Animations ) I was wondering If they are fixing this for the upcoming patch.

A: For now there is this third party fix. over at Unit Replacement: Jet Fighter (Cleaned Up version) . I am not sure what the new pactch would contain.
    Last edited by CivGeneral; July 16, 2002, 14:41.

Leave a comment:

• Lucilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Jawn Henry
    Q: How many Golden Ages can a civ get?
    A: One

Leave a comment:

• Jawn Henry
    replied
    Upgrading armies

Have they fixed this yet? As far as i know, you can't upgrade units in an army, so that if you build one with knights and musketeers, you'll be stuck with them alongside your latest tanks (did these knight find the Holy Grail to live this long...)

Is it fixed yet? I got the 1.21 patch, and have yet to get a leader...

JH

Leave a comment:

• Ethelred
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil_de_geezer
    Q) Do excess research points carry over to the next tech or are they wasted?
    A. They are lost.

Should I slide the research down so that i get the maximum amount of cash for the same number of turns required for a breakthrough?
    A. Yes you should.

You should also keep a watch on how many turns it will take as it will change if another civ discovers it. When it gets down to one turn lower the slider again to decrease the waste.

You can save a LOT of money this way over the game.

Leave a comment:

• Nostromo
    replied
    Q. Where is a list of all keyboard shortcuts?

R. An incomplete list can be found in the manual (pages 196-200). A complete list of keyboard shortcuts can be found in the Civ III Reference file on the official CiV III site.

Leave a comment:

• MarkG
    replied
    thread cleared up with many posts removed or edited.

the faq has now been organized in the following

Gameplay, features, rules, tips

Interface

Customization

Bugs, technical questions

many many thanks to all the people who contributed

Leave a comment:

• Denday
    replied
    Q what do you do when you can only build units or wealth due to not having the tech to build futre buildings

Leave a comment:

• Coracle
    replied
    EXPOSING SPIES

It appears certain now that if you attempt to expose an enemy spy, AND THERE IS NONE THERE IN YOUR CAPITAL, that the mission wil always fail AND cause an international incident and often a war.

This is stupid.

If there is no spy in your capital there is no one to attempt the sting operation on. And therefore, why should the other civ get so angry it goes to the drastic step of declaring war??

Like much of Civ 3, it makes no sense, AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

BTW, I have never gotten any result from attempting to expose a spy that would tell me there was no spy there in the first place!

Leave a comment:

• V.O.C.'02
    replied
    Ok, sorry, but it was just a question, The first time they offered i really thought: yeah, now i'm in business: luxery slider to 0%, science 100% and WLTKD all the time. Got a bit dissapointed there though.

I did feel the accomplishment thing, with my european- asian- art deco-aztec-african-architected palace. ( my iroquis empire was pretty multicultural at the time, because of the loads of aztec, english, russian, french and american workers who were mowing my lawn

Leave a comment:

• Ethelred
    replied
    Does anybody know at what point the construction process stops?
    Sure. When you top everything out, put in the new front, the columns, two stages of crosspieces and the trees. Then its all done.

If you look in

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\PalaceView

and the subfolders you will see all the parts for each palace and palace type. There are 17 different parts plus the starting point. So when you make all 17 additions you are done.

Leave a comment:

• V.O.C.'02
    replied
    Q: I wonder what's the use of "people admire you so much the offer to expand the palace" When does this happen and what are teh consequenses of it, does it give you more culture or something. It makes a nice picture and all, but whats the use of it?

A: (by dengidavai) It's just like the "view" option on the city screen, where you can actually see all the improvements you've built in the city.

It's designed to give you a sense of POWER and ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! I just love seeing my palace grow. Actually, I don't know if I've ever gotten to see the finished palace. Does anybody know at what point the construction process stops?

Not everything has to be utilitarian -- particularly in a fantasy game!
    Last edited by MarkG; June 3, 2002, 05:12.

Leave a comment:

• Jaybe
    replied
    Re: EXPOSE ENEMY SPY

Originally posted by Coracle
    ...That tells me that when the is NO enemy spy in MY capital if I try to expose him I will get a notice that it failed - which is nonsense. How can it fail when there was no spy there in the first place? Stupid.
    Because you spent alot of effort and expense to find something that you THOUGHT was there!!

Leave a comment:

• Coracle
    replied
    EXPOSE ENEMY SPY

Most attempts to "expose enemy spy" fail with a notice that "the sting operation has failed" and their leader is threatening retaliation. Or he declares war.

Once in awhile the mole is "neutralized".

NEVER do I get any other result. That tells me that when the is NO enemy spy in MY capital if I try to expose him I will get a notice that it failed - which is nonsense. How can it fail when there was no spy there in the first place? Stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Re: WHERE ARE THE AI FACTORIES??

Q: AI civs DO NOT BUILD FACTORIES. I and others have checked and rechecked large cities from the mid-Twentieth Century, and the AI cities have no factories. I spotted one building the Apollo Program without a factory!

A: the AI builds factories , but , sometimes it will not do it if it has not ecology and recycling , i tried it with giving them the technology , and behold , a couple turns later in half the cases they where building factory's , ....
    Last edited by MarkG; June 3, 2002, 05:04.

Leave a comment:

• Raion
    replied
    Updates at home site of Sid and crew:

for updates and some player maps.

Then some people mod the civ3mod.bic file for the game, and an expansion pack has already been announced for other things + multiplayer - later this month.

That can be found at gamespot and other threads on this forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X