Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still playing Civ3 every now and then. thx for this topic; helps a lot.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the 'special olympics.'
    Even if you win you're still a ******.

Comment

• Trade question regarding resources.

I sometimes get a message saying resource x supply lost.

There are several reasons why this might happen, but I'd like clarification on some possibilities :

1.) If a resource square becomes polluted is that resource lost until the pollution is cleared?
      2.) If I am trading with country x for resource y and their square where resource y becomes polluted do I lose that resource? If so, is the trade re-established as soon as they clear up the pollution or do I need to re-negotiate a new deal.
      3.) Does 2.) above work the other way round. If I trade resource y to country x and the square on which y is becomes polluted, is the trade re-established as soon as I clear the pollution?

Comment

• Nuke bug STILL in latest patch

Man I'm pretty annoyed. I sat through a turn of the Germans nuking me (I hadn't nuked them), and the Iroquois and Vikings proceeded to empty their caches on the Germans. Everything went fine, and I proceeded to save before the next turn. Then the Carthaginians empty their stash on the Germans, and when I get to the beginning of my turn I attempt to save.

Alas, the SAME issues with the game crashing when I try to anything after the nuke exchancge is still there. I have been playing the same game for months now, in the hopes that I could actually finish it. I've been patient about this bug since 1.04, but I think it's time to try MOO3 and see if it's as good as people say (I've never played any MOO game).

EDIT: OK I'm a complete tool. I didn't realize until now I posted in the wrong forum. Apologies everyone.
        Last edited by Traelin; March 24, 2003, 21:04.

Comment

• Re: Re: Golden Age From Artilleries

Originally posted by Mad Dog

Which, of course, can't happen without hacking the game settings. This is stupid. I've just played my first full game of CivIII and I don't believe how awful the combat engine is .
          I had a large assembly of riflemen and cavalry (all veteran or better), with artillery support, surrounding my enemy's capital. My artillery shells were crashing around the heads of the single conscript rifleman unit in the city, which should have had them wimpering in their foxholes. Nope. And with their fortified bonus (even without the city walls and barracks, which succumbed to my bombardment), they saw off any units I was foolish enough to attack them with .
          That's First World War for you - everyone's got the defensive gear but nobody has the tank - quite an important invention in both the real world and Civ 3!

Agree with you about bombard units not destroying ships being annoying but on the other, it encourages you to build destroyers to nip in and finish off crippled enemy units (is there another use for destroyers???)
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Is civ3PTW compatible with directx9? i want to install directx9 in my computer.

Comment

• Is civ3PTW compatible with directx9? i want to install directx9 in my computer.
              it works for me
              And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

• tnx!

Comment

• starting positions

Hi,

Is there a way to play a historically accurate game in civilization 3.

For example, I start the game with the world map provided with the game (the huge one), but even though the map looks pretty accurate, the starting positions of the civilizations are all random.

How can I make the civilizations start at the right location on the map?

thank you,
                  berk

Comment

• bkapicioglu- If you have the latest patches installed, you can open up that scenario through your civ3 folder-->Scenarios folder (or open the editor and then load the scenario) and then assign the start locations to specific civs.

There are also some world maps with correct starting locations available in the creation or files forums.

Comment

• Q: Why is it that when I load my scenario, regardless of country I choose to play, it always gives me the SAME color when I have manually preset all Civs colors in the editor? It gives me "Light Blue" for every country I play, I don't understand. What am I missing?
                      What we do in life, echos in eternity.

Comment

• Too Many Cities !

My complaint ... too many cities. I see other people have other entries on this but I just stumbled into it playing a European scenario with 16 players. There has to be a way of changing the 512 limit ... isn't there ?

Comment

• Re: Too Many Cities !

Originally posted by AgntSmith
                          My complaint ... too many cities. I see other people have other entries on this but I just stumbled into it playing a European scenario with 16 players. There has to be a way of changing the 512 limit ... isn't there ?
                          Sorry, AFAIK it's hardcoded. One of the most common compliants
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Where do we post bugs for PTW 1.21f?

Comment

• I think there is a thread for 1.21f bugs.

Comment

• Thanks

I have found some interesting points in amongst all of this.
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X