Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a good site to find monitor drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a good site to find monitor drivers?

My pathetic monitor will run at 1024x768.....but not without a different driver. Its an old G40 IBM monitor.....and IBM doesn't support it anymore, the website doesn't contain the driver, and I just struck out looking for it on the net for the last 3 hours.......

I can't play Civ3 untill I get it!!!!

So if you know where I could find servers please point the way.

Why not just use the Windows Super VGA 1024x768 monitor driver...

Comment

can you tell me how to do that on windows ME ?

Comment

If you right click on the desktop and go to properties, you can then go to the Settings tab. There, hit the advanced button and go to Monitor. Go to properties or change (I'm trying to remember ME) and you should be able to change the driver.

Choose have disk or an option to choose a monitor from a list. You should then be able to choose Standard on the left hand side and the desired resolution type on the right.

I'm using XP now so these direction are strictly from memory.
        Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

crud

Nope just the void, it says the standard 1024x768 drivers arent compatable, if I force it to use it anyway, it works, but only at 800x600............trying to move it up yeilds the black screen of death.

Comment

Working...
          X