Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice for Incan with horrid start location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joncnunn
    replied
    ICS = Infinite City Sprawl

In Civ III, it's placing cities two tiles away. (C-X-C)

Basically the idea is that without irrigation (until Electricy), my cities can work very few land tiles anyway.

[QUOTE] Originally posted by kiurkugord
    Originally posted by Dominae
    Explore your island fully to ensure that you are indeed alone.

Only put cities on tiles that provide less than 2 Food. Do not be afraid to ICS a little.

what does ICS mean?!

Leave a comment:

• kiurkugord
    replied
    [QUOTE] Originally posted by Dominae
    Explore your island fully to ensure that you are indeed alone.

Only put cities on tiles that provide less than 2 Food. Do not be afraid to ICS a little.

what does ICS mean?!

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    2470 BC update:

Their reserach time for writting got cut down to 2 turns.

Executed the Masonry for Horses trade.

OMG! My home island is cut off from horses until Astronomeny!
    That landmass I see the horses has one good city spot.
    Horses on Hill and founded there with cultural expansion works a whale and fish. When growth maxed out can work the hill north.
    Rest of that island is all tundra, and it's much smaller.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    Simple, along with my contact message I disclosed I was almost done finishing Writing, they replied back that they were 5 turns away. I then sent back that they'd discover it slightly ahead of their schledule since I was (on my next turn) now 1 turn away.

On my following turn, we wrapped up a my Pottery [2] for their Bronze Working [3] deal, and have a deal for the future trade of my Map Making [12] that I just started reseraching at max speed for their Literature [10] which they will start reseraching as soon as they finish writting. I just found out they have The Wheel so I've proposed a my Masonry [4] for their Wheel [4] deal as well. (Allows unit I can't really use in exchange for a wonder that's already been built, so a nothing for nothing.)

To find out a human's status, ask them.
    Now to find out an AI's status, you can't get # of turns they have remaning, but if you have their tech and the AI has enough cash on hold, you can find out what percent they have towards it based on how much they are willing to pay.

[QUOTE] Originally posted by kiurkugord
    Originally posted by joncnunn
    Update, I'm slightly ahead of the Greeks:

I'm 1 turn from Writing. They are 5 turns away; but will have the tech cost cut by 12.5% very quickly.

How did you manage to know that the greeks were 5 turns away?
    Last edited by joncnunn; May 16, 2005, 09:49.

Leave a comment:

• kiurkugord
    replied
    [QUOTE] Originally posted by joncnunn

I'm 1 turn from Writing. They are 5 turns away; but will have the tech cost cut by 12.5% very quickly.

How did you manage to know that the greeks were 5 turns away?

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied

We both have Cerimonal Burial.

They lack Pottery and Masonry

I lack Bronze Working. Maybe more, but doughtful.

I've proposed both a current trade for now, and a future trade.

I think both are obvious.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    The fresh water lake is surronded by two levels of non-irrigatable tiles. In Civ II, cities could be founded back to back to form a chain but not in Civ III. (But in Civ II, ocean counted as a source of irrigation)

Yes, I sent an email to the Greeks and am awaiting their response. I was kind of suprized that the point of contact is apprently at the Greek landmass and not mine considering the Greeks start with Alphabet and the ability to build Curraghs.

My homeland coastal cities are building Curraghs between settler builds for later upgrades to Galleys.

Leave a comment:

• Thrar
    replied
    Good luck! At least you can't complain it's not challenging ^_^

maybe you can put a city on a tundra tile next to the fresh water, and then irrigate an adjacent plains or grassland tile (if geographically possible)?
    Not sure if this works, on hills or mountains it doesn't, but I never heard anything about tundra. It certainly works on "normal" ground tiles.

Leave a comment:

• Solomwi
    replied
    Got to be a tense period waiting to find out just how behind you are.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    2590 BC update.

discovered a 4th landmass and the Greeks

Hoping the Greeks have techs to trade.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    2670 BC update:

a second landmass discovered; appears to be another mostly tundra one. appears much smaller than my starting one.

a third landmass discovered, having my curagh explore that one before finishing up the other.

And one of the players declared war on another. I'm suprized he told everyone about it. Unless I'm the only civ missing contacts.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    2950 BC update:

Curragh built. Immedately rules out directly towards center of the map as an escape. Will check out adjoining areas in following turns.

Town number 3 to be built next turn.

Both towns alternating between settlers and units.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    First city founded in 3300 BC. I'm now trying to decide where I'll want my second city to be while building it in 3250 BC.

At least one other player doesn't like his starting area either:
    No luxaries either and described as horrible / awful.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    Well, Jungle can be greatly improved upon with a large worker force.

Can't improve tundra much.

Originally posted by alva
    I remember taking over an MP game like that: small island, no fresh water, mountains and jungle.

Should I mention I didn't win this one.

Leave a comment:

• alva
    replied
    I remember taking over an MP game like that: small island, no fresh water, mountains and jungle.

Should I mention I didn't win this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X