• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure enough...

"Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"
    Words by Jimmy Kennedy and Music by Nat Simon
    ©1953 Chappell & Co. (ASCAP) - All Rights Reserved *

Only a few years before TMBG released the song in 1990.

I hate it when I find out a favorite song is just a cover...

At least I still have David Lee Roth's "California Girls".
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

If this isn't an easter egg, then I don't know what is. I have no clue where it came from. Last turn I had the normal Arab King units (a scenario with Mass Regicide). I didn't change any settings. Upon loading the current turn, I saw this - all King units turned into Elvis.
      Attached Files
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Just noticed this in my Sengoku-based PBEM too Was hoping to be first to post, but I can't beat you GMTers
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I hope my Mass Regicide PBEM comes around to me today.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly
            Not really easter eggs but some of the city names owe more to Civ fandom than real life history. There was no real ancient Greek city called 'Apolyton' for instance.
            Obviously. It's entirely due to the website.

There's "Not Constantinople" and "Mingapulco" and "Thunderfall" too.

Comment

There's a "Mingapulco" in stock Civ?
              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                If this isn't an easter egg, then I don't know what is. I have no clue where it came from. Last turn I had the normal Arab King units (a scenario with Mass Regicide). I didn't change any settings. Upon loading the current turn, I saw this - all King units turned into Elvis.
                Thats because Jan 8th is the "kings" birthday.

I think thats the best known "Easter Egg".
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                X