SAM Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAM Bug?

Is there a bug with the SAM? My mobile SAM unit doesn't seem to do anything?

As stated quite some time ago, the Flak and Mobile SAM AA strengths are not as listed, but only one TENTH as much, so they are really 0.2 and 0.4 AA strengths.

You can have as many as 4 AA units in a tile and their strengths are accumulated. More than 4 has no affect (except to provide cover for losses).
    It is still better to have fighters on intercept.

If the AA unit does connect, it destroys the bomber totally with the same animation as the city-based SAM Missile Battery.

Comment

My short experience with the SAM unit showed it as a reliable defence against bombers - it destroyed a lot of them in a particular of Portuguese (me) versus the Dutch (my poor flying enemy).

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I've noticed that my flak units are firing missiles at the enemy...
          "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

For best antiaerial defense, have both Mobile SAMs and Jet Fighters in the city.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by spy14
              I've noticed that my flak units are firing missiles at the enemy...
              Firaxis uses the same animation that it uses for the SAM battery, regardless of unit type.
              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Would drawing a little flak animation really have been such a hardship? That said, i'd rather that than the sub bug.

Comment

I've been on the receiving end of SAM's (batteries mainly), losing about 75% of my bombers to them combined with fighters, until I realised it was just stupid strategy and used artillery instead.

So yes, in my experience SAM's are great defence against bombers.
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Arty is no good for long range bombardment though. If you have patience you can wait for stealth aircraft...

Comment

Working...
                    X