No announcement yet.

V1.15 BETA Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and how are the barbs in this version?

Comment

I'm just sticking with 1.12 - I don't want to keep having to figure out a new corruption system.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
        Just to clarify, Courthouses still cut distance corruption in half, and increase the OCN by 25%.

New in this patch is the fact that a city without a courthouse has a maximum corruption 90%, but with a courthouse it has a maximum corruption of 80%.

Police station effects are cumulative with courthouses, so a city with both will have just 1/4 the distance corruption and 50% higher OCN, and maximum 70% corruption.

Jesse and Soren: as I mentioned elsewhere, the FP does not increase the OCN by 37.5% as you said it would. In 1.15 it's about half that much (around 20%).
        Thanks for the explanaiton. I'm gald that they have put in min/max for such buildings. It makes building them actually worth it in some instances.

What the maximum that the OCN can be increased by with all improvements built, not including Police Stations, as intended by the coders?

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
          Jesse and Soren: as I mentioned elsewhere, the FP does not increase the OCN by 37.5% as you said it would. In 1.15 it's about half that much (around 20%).
          Interesting. I've just done a test and come up with an answer of 36%.

Incidentally, in communism the same number was 120%.
          Last edited by Nor Me; January 13, 2004, 22:16.

Comment

So alexman, Nor Me:

does the corruption calculation still posted in alexman's 'Everything you needed to know..' thread still apply for the latest patches, just with these new Courthouse effects and limits to max corruption?

RIIIGHT, I see that CLEARLY.
            Hey, I said it might not be so clear....
            'Sides, what would you have done without me fiddling through all the maths like that? alexman would probably not have been convinced things were confused enough to make it all so simple for us. I was useful.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by SirOsis

Recommended but not required? Why do we need the earlier versions? Doesn't the 1.15 stand alone?

I have 1.12 installed and do I need to install 1.13 before 1.15?
              i expect they simply haven't taken the time to test all possible combinations - this is just a beta patch, after all.

as for corruption: don't get me wrong, i love the increased responsiveness from firaxis, but i would dearly like them to put one designer in charge of the forbidden palace, and pick one desired behavior, and preferably have a civilopedia entry that matches observable behavior.

i think they're trying to, but it seems more than slightly schizophrenic.
              it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

That is what they did according to Jesse. Soren said this is the way it will be and that was the end of it and will be in the Feb patch.

Jesse also expalined why they need all the patch from 1.12 to 1.15, but I forgot the reason. Check the threads he created for 1.13 or 1.15.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by pauli

i expect they simply haven't taken the time to test all possible combinations - this is just a beta patch, after all.

as for corruption: don't get me wrong, i love the increased responsiveness from firaxis, but i would dearly like them to put one designer in charge of the forbidden palace, and pick one desired behavior, and preferably have a civilopedia entry that matches observable behavior.

i think they're trying to, but it seems more than slightly schizophrenic.
                  I can picture Soren with a flower, picking the petals off one by one. "New city ranks" *pause* "No new city ranks" *pause* "New city ranks" *pause* "No new city ranks"

With that the flower is finished, and we have our new FP!

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me

So it was 10% in 1.13 and either 20% or 36% in 1.15?

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me

Thanks Nor Me. You are quite right.
                      I was using a different OCN than I thought I was.

Good job Firaxis! So the FP in non-communal governments increases the OCN by 3/8, as claimed by Soren.

Comment

+3/8 OCN and no impact on range corruption? Is that still worth 200 shields?

Comment

Yes, it affects distance corruption as before. It just doesn't give a new set of city ranks.

It's well worth it. Just don't put a million cities between your Palace and your FP.

Comment

Alexman: This is the latest (1.15) version you are talking about?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Mathematicians begone!

*holds up a garlic cross*

Comment

Working...
                                X