Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gramphos
    replied
    See this hacked C3C editor found at CFC http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...75#post1524775

It has teleports and charm. Now that might be what some of those '???' are for. Anyone have time to investigate?

This is your chance to get into the credits

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Originally posted by DrAlimentado
    On the file indicator I had only seen it using BIX headers, if it does sometimes use BIQ instead that is of interest... hmm, I will so some testing on this myself
    It might be since C3C version 1.12 the BIQ indicator is used, but it may also be stryctly on save-embedded BIQs (where I first located it and added support for it in C3MT, and since than I've not cared about which one it it, it saves the file with the same as it was loaded and everyone is happy ).

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Originally posted by DrAlimentado
    btw - does anyone else really wish that the new terrain types had been appended to the exisitng list and the terrain data left in the same place... writing code that can deal with c3c and ptw terrain concurrently is giving me a headache right now :|
    Partly C3MT has taken so long to get save comapbiity. And still it is far fromwarking as I want it.

Leave a comment:

• DrAlimentado
    replied
    great stuff gramphos

the changes from bix to biq are a much bigger leap than from bic to bix, I'm so so happy someone else figures this stuff out!

On the file indicator I had only seen it using BIX headers, if it does sometimes use BIQ instead that is of interest... hmm, I will so some testing on this myself

btw - does anyone else really wish that the new terrain types had been appended to the exisitng list and the terrain data left in the same place... writing code that can deal with c3c and ptw terrain concurrently is giving me a headache right now :|

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    I just noticed that the fileindicator for C3C sometimes is BIQ and sometimes BIX, it might change by version 12.07, or it may be related to something else.

Leave a comment:

• Dianthus
    replied
    No, they're in the first byte, I just had a bit of a copy/paste problem . I've just editted it to correct it.

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Are the agricultural and sea faring of the RACE section in
    byte 2?

Leave a comment:

• Dianthus
    replied
    Thanks for the update Gramphos. I've got a couple of changes to do with the new traits in C3C.

In the BLDG section there are two new bits used in the "other characteristics (binary)" field. Can I also suggest changing some of the existing bit descriptions to match the trait names? I.e. : (changes in bold)
    Code:
    coastal installation      .......1
    [b]militaristic[/b]              ......1.
    wonder                    .....1..
    small wonder              ....1...
    continental mood effects  ...1....
    [b]scientific[/b]                ..1.....
    [b]commercial[/b]                .1......
    [b]expansionist[/b]              1.......

[b]religious[/b]                 .......1
    [b]industrious[/b]               ......1.
    [b]aggricultural             .....1..[/b]
    [b]sea faring                ....1...[/b]
    In the RACE section there are also some new bits used in the "bonuses (binary)" field : (changes in bold)
    Code:
    militaristic   .......1
    commercial     ......1.
    expansionist   .....1..
    scientific     ....1...
    religious      ...1....
    industrious    ..1.....
    [b]aggricultural  .1......[/b]
    [b]sea faring     1.......[/b]
    Last edited by Dianthus; January 8, 2004, 07:47.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Thomas
    replied
    Thanks - adding quotes around the file names worked fine.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Try to add an extra space at the end, or put the filenames in quotes (").

(This utility was never intended for release, so its all other than userfriendly)

Leave a comment:

• Gary Thomas
    replied
    Unfortunately, using

savexppnd player1mod.bix player1modexp.bix

still produces "Input is not in the correct format"

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    IIRC it is
    savexpnd compressedfile targetfile

Leave a comment:

• Gary Thomas
    replied
    What are the operating instructions for SAVExpnd? Whatever I do it says "Input is not in correct format".

I applied it to the player1mod.bix file downloaded from the Civ3 site, to try it out, both by dragging the file name onto SAVExpnd.exe, and by going to a DOS box, changing to the relevant directory, and typing "savexpnd player1mod.bix".

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    No problem, I've been meaning to do it for a long time

Leave a comment:

• kring
    replied
    Thank you for the update.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X