Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince278
    replied
    I'm someone who pretty much sits unless I'm doing something. Instead of all that tedious patrolling I station troops forward so they can react anywhere on a turn's notice and carry the battle back across the border. (That and block likely routes of advance). I find this speeds the game considerably on those huge maps with hundreds of units.

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
    NoAIPatrol=1

This sounds like it would speed up the between turn times. Does it have a noticably negative impact on the AI's performance?
    hi ,

it might speed up a bit , but the AI tends to notice less things and just sit there , waiting to be taken to the slaughterhouse , ......

every country patrols its borders , so why not the AI , .....

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Vince278
    replied
    Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
    NoAIPatrol=1
    This sounds like it would speed up the between turn times. Does it have a noticably negative impact on the AI's performance?
    I haven't tried this yet but it should speed turns considerably. I imagine the AI will still send stuff out to attack, defend, reinforce, settle, irrigate, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Jawa Jocky
    replied
    NoAIPatrol=1

Leave a comment:

• Zamphyr
    replied
    lol, I totally forgot about the force feedback setting

anyone use it ?

Leave a comment:

• Inverse Icarus
    replied
    then it would have to dynamically alter the colors of the other civs, and it has enough troble with that already... i had Sumeria and the Hittites start next to eachother, nearly the same shade of teal.

Leave a comment:

• RobC
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaddeusAlexander
    Does anyone know if you can change the colour of your civ without using the editor ... ie, within the .ini file or elsewhere?

Cheers
    AFAIK, the only way to do this is in the editor. It would be nice if you could do this on the setup screen the same way you can change your civ's name and leader.

Leave a comment:

• ThaddeusAlexander
    replied
    Does anyone know if you can change the colour of your civ without using the editor ... ie, within the .ini file or elsewhere?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flinx
    replied
    Thanks Mike

Leave a comment:

• Vince278
    replied
    Originally posted by Asmodean
    Hey...thanks for the list, Mike. Awesome response.

Don't nobody say that Firaxis don't listen to the fans

Asmodean
    Amen! Keep up the good work, Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Asmodean
    replied
    Hey...thanks for the list, Mike. Awesome response.

Don't nobody say that Firaxis don't listen to the fans

Asmodean

Leave a comment:

• Backpack
    replied
    Thanks Mike - That list was exactly what I hoping this thread would generate!

Your help and hard work is appreciated (even if we do b*&^*)

:>

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
    replied
    As far as I know, these are all of the INI settings. Some of them do not show up unless you manually add them but I don't remember which ones off the top of my head. (I updated my previous post with a few more settings that I forgot about).

Most of the settings that pertain to in-game data (like the grid) are saved with saved games so PBEM settings are not overridden when you load a game.
    Last edited by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS; November 12, 2003, 16:32.

Leave a comment:

• Stuie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
    WorldSeed=0
    The seed used to generate the last map played. If 0, the last game played was not a SP random map game. This is provided for players who like a map that was generated and would like to make a map in the editor that looks the same.
    Oh, COOL!!! I was just wishing for something like this the other day, not realizing it was already there. Thanks for the details Mike!!

Leave a comment:

• kring
    replied
    Mike, also, are there any that can be added that haven't been mentioned or listed? I know some can be set, but don't show in the ini unless you manually add them. The No AI Patrol or Autosave, for example.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X