Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it seems however, as the first of your errors is due to the export map code tries to axport som C3C only values from your map, and if you don't have C3C that will probably crash on you with the error you got.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Trying to save a change (or even an unchanged file) gives
      Path/File access error 75 streambuffer.cls line 833
      and trying to start a saved file (after ignoring) gives me Data IO operation error PALV.
      To track this error I would need to see your session log for the save process, to see where it fails.

Comment

• I've found the reason for the error. Itr's an issue with v1.11.x for vanilla Civ3 only. I'll have it fixed in the next version.

Comment

• I apparently was a bit uncler. What I meant is that I am using the latest version of your program (I think). I could not find the version of my Civ3 but the publishers website (www.civ3.com) do not have any patches for this game so presumably it is the latest version.

Thanks!
          Bjorn

Comment

• In the bottom left corner of the main screen of Civ3 there is a version number.
            1.07f is the original release of Civ3.
            1.29f is the most recent version prior to any expansion pack.

Comment

• Thanks. Was looking in all the wrong places (like in the readme) for version number, and of course mine was outdated (1.07f). Downloading the patch for the current version and hope that solves the problem.

Again thanks!
              Bjorn

Comment

• No joy
                Started a new game (after upgrade) and tried to save the unmodified game from the multitool and got the message:
                Error path/file access error (75) in c3mt;; streambuffer.cis line 833.

Trying to export maps still freezes the program but that I was warned for and expected.

Bjorn

Comment

• Both the errors are vanilla specific. I'll try to get a new version together soon.

Comment

• OK. Nice to know the problem is solveable I check how that works when you upload the next version.

Thanks for the help!
                    Bjorn

Comment

• v1.11.7 is ready

- Corrected handling of wraparounds in sight calculation. (Fixing some (ignorable) errors)
                      - Fixed error in map exporting for non-C3C saves.
                      - Corrected error in saving Vanilla Civ3 saves.
                      - Errors in IO will now be directed to the IO issuer resulting in more useful error messages.
                      - Civ2 Map Converter again works with starting locations
                      - Fixed bug in Civ2 Map conversion of maps with rivers close to the south pole.

See first post for download info.

Comment

• A last minute additon to the change list:
                        - Corrected problem with convertion two maps in a row.

Comment

• Hi Gramphos,

Big thanks and great work for making this excellent tool for Civ3 fans

I just tried using the tech tree builder but when I tried to load a scenario, it crashed with this error: "Runtime error 5: Invalid call or argument". I'm using version 1.11.7 and C3C v1.22

I'll include the log file with this message. Is this error due to the tech tree builder not yet completely supporting C3C files? I was trying to look at the WWII conquest.

Cheers,
                          Alf928
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I'm getting loads on errors on startup,
                            during modification of cities (can't browser through them at all since after deselecting a city it crashes every time) and clicking some of the tabs:

Error: Invalid property array index (381) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2968

Error: (0) in ::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 0

Error: Resume without error (20) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 431

Error: Resume without error (20) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 431

hth
                            et tu, brutus?

Comment

• I get multiple errors with the new version 1.11.7. (Didn't have these problems with 1.11.6)

Playing PTW version, patched to 1.29 on an XP sp2 machine.

When loading a saved game in the editor it says:

"LinkedScenario System - Error
                              Error - Invalid Property Value (380) in C3MT ::frmSaveEdit.frm line 2951"

If you click ignore it says:

Error - Invalid Property Value (381) in C3MT ::frmSaveEdit.frm line 2968"

Clicking on abort gives the message:

Error: (0) in ::frmSaveEdit.frm line 0"

It then appears to load the save game (if you click abort again.)

In at least one attempt of use it crashed, I didn't cath the error message but attached is the log.

*edit* Oh, and it may appear to allow you to add units and save properly, but actually loading the edited save game causes and I/O error in Civ, and strangeness that includes my capital disappearing.

Now I have to figure out to find the previous version so I can actually use it.

*edit part Deux* Please ignore that fact that I magically jump ahead to version 1.11.8. It's 1.11.7 that I'm having trouble with.
                              Last edited by learethak; July 20, 2005, 17:58.

Comment

• Hi,
                                one addition: I found out in which case the editor crashes for sure... if I edit a city without improvements and add one that didn't exist before and then click to choose another city, it certainly crashes. I can save and reopen that save though and then select another city, in that case it'll be o.k.
                                Btw, I guess units with red letters designated artificially created units?
                                ciao

Grendel
                                et tu, brutus?

Comment

Working...
                                X