Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will be missed and remembered.
    RIP
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sad news indeed.

Comment

-->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

My condolences to the family. While I never frequented this forum, what little I saw of La Fayette's posts was enough to make it clear that he's a great poster and a very interesting person to talk to.

Rest in peace.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

When I posted on the Civ2 forums, La Fayette was always helpful and polite. He added to the forums.

My condolences to his family.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Oh tragic day.

His last post at Apolyton was actually an ominous one on October 6th 2005 in the thread: "New Ancient Empires PBEM created"
              in the Civ2-PBEM forum:

Win98, but yet...
              ... it crashes.
              Sparrowhawk, please, play my turn !

The work he did on elegant solutions to scenarios makes him (along with Xin Yu) one of the foremost CivII problemists.
              see: Arriba (Spain wins ww2 scenario)
              http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2712&perpage=30&pagenumber=5

and many other "Scenarios from the Community" threads in the CivII Strategy forum, mostly from 2002-2004.

He was indeed the poet of CivII and has been one of the main reasons I have so enjoyed browsing here for five years.

I miss him already.

Comment

I was in that PBEM with La Fayette back in 2003.
                What a shock.
                My condolences to his family.
                I really don't know what to say.
                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

I had corresponded privately with Michel in the summer when he told me of his cancer. I have been praying for him since, but his drop off of the forums in October did not look like a good sign. Several of us had tried to get in touch with him to let him know of our concern. Thank you, ST, for your persistence, and please pass on to Philippe all of our love for him and how much he meant to us all. I was hoping he would be alive to see his name in the Hall of Fame for his accomplishments, not his death.

"Adieu" to a great Civ player and a wonderful gentleman. This American is not ashamed to shed tears for the passing of a true French friend.

Comment

Bravo Elephant!
                    Les francais sont parmis les meilleurs de gens, et, surtout, sont parmis les meilleurs joueurs de Civ II!

Comment

My condolences go to the family, may he rest in peace.

Comment

goodbye la fayette. the world shall miss you

Comment

I was fearing the worst, given his absence from these boards.

Michel, you will be missed. I learned a lot from your commentary and advice here, and always looked forward to your posts, filled as they were with insight and humour. Rest in peace.

ST, please pass on my condolences to Philippe and the rest of his family.
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yes, Slow, please pass on our regards to his family. The next time I'm in Liverpool I plan to visit Ivor's grave (if Stu is willing to pass on the location), and I would also like to visit Michel's the next time I am in the area. If Phillipe is willing to pass the location to you, then I shall gladly send a PM so that I can visit his grave the next time I am in that area.

Comment

RIP my freind.

You will be missed.
                              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Condolences.
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X