X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duke o' york
    replied
    Qu'il repose en paix.

Adieu La Fayette, and thanks for everything. It was an honour and a privilege to have known you.

Leave a comment:

• Kull
    replied
    You know, we come here to play games, swap stories, maybe argue and banter, and in some ways it just doesn't seem real. Someone once dismissed another poster with the words "you're only text on my screen", and in some ways I half believed that. When you don't meet someone, shake their hands, look into their eyes.....they can somehow not seem real.

And then something like this happens and I find myself going back and looking at the old La Fayette posts and I'm laughing...laughing HARD...and then my eyes are tearing up because DAMN IT, he was REAL, and he was a GREAT GUY, and now he's GONE. And it hurts just as much as the loss of any "real" friend who I meet for beers or go hiking with.

God Bless you old buddy, you are missed more than you could know. Jesus...I'm cryin' like a baby...

Leave a comment:

• alva
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    I did not know La Fayette either, but on behalf of the Apolyton CS staff and administration our condolences to his family.

Farewell, Michael.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Monk
    replied
    Amen.

Leave a comment:

• techumseh
    replied
    I didn't know him, but I wish to extend my condolences to his family and his friends, including those here at Apolyton.

Leave a comment:

• rjmatsleepers
    replied
    We will meet, but we will miss him.
    There will be one empty chair.

Our community has lost a valued member.

RJM at Sleeper's

Leave a comment:

• solo
    replied
    Very sad news.

You will be missed, mon ami.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    R I P

Peace to your family

Gramps

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Oh, this is horrible.

La Fayette always put up with my horrible french and helped me correct the multitude of errors I made.

As the records will show I have voted for him in every election into the hall of fame, as a tribute for all the kindnesses he showed me.

RIP La Fayette, and may you be in a better place today.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    I didn't know him, but my condolences to his family. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Colon™
    replied
    Condolences...

Leave a comment:

• Jaguar
    replied
    We played the WWII scenario as the underdog civs, trying to win with them as fast as possible. In the end, I think he beat all of my records.

He was a great civer, and most assuredly a great man.

Rest in Peace, La Fayette.

Leave a comment:

• Peaster
    replied
    La Fayette was a great player and many of his posts were inspiring. He was the poet of Civ2; one of the people that made these forums fun. I will miss him here and at CFC, where he played GOTMs regularly until last Fall.

Leave a comment:

• Winston
    replied
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope La Fayette is now in a better place, free from pain and fear.

My condolences to Philippe, and to the rest of this fine poster's family and friends. You will be in my thoughts.

While I did not post lately in this forum, I was here enough to recognize La Fayette for the brilliant player and strategist that he was. I will miss his presence here, and the advice he shared so willingly.

In closing, it brings tears to my eyes thinking that he was so considerate that he made sure we would be given these terrible tidings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X