No announcement yet.

[PBEM] sbwn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm - I installed BtS before I knew about the auto patch bit......

So - currently I am patched - unsure what that means for this game - will I have to do the dual install thing, or are we all going to patch, or will the game recognise and play the old version?

I will not play the save, when I get it until I know what to do here..............
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• I am patched and can not pay the turn until the Game Administrator does his thing with the game save to make it compatible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
        To Wittlich
        Not that it really matters at this point - But I did not receive the save.

Comment

• I'm already patched also, so it will be latest versions for all games once I get them

Comment

• Beta - are you patched as well?
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Yep - I'm patched. Witt, I will check what happened with the save.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Haven't seen saves for other games lately either. I hope I'm not the holdup, but I don't think I am???

Comment

• Strudo - as you set this up - you may need to delete the admin password so that we can get this rolling again.

I say you just use the last save you have...........

Just my opinion though.....

Comment

• Everyone happy if I just replay my last turn with the patched main game?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• I'll be away for the weekend until Wednesday sorry guys. Having a few problems with the file too. I uninstalled civ completely and reinstalled warlords and the 2.08 patch, but it still tells me the assets have been locked or some such. I'll have to figure it out when I get back. Any thoughts would be good though??

Comment

• On a side note: Still no sign of the save from Beta.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Witt - I checked my sent mail - and the 600ad save went to you on the 19th. Not sure what happened. I expect you will not be able to open it, but I resent it anyway.
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Got it Beta...and you are right. Can't open it. So we'll wait for Studo to get back...
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Strudo
                                I'll be away for the weekend until Wednesday sorry guys. Having a few problems with the file too. I uninstalled civ completely and reinstalled warlords and the 2.08 patch, but it still tells me the assets have been locked or some such. I'll have to figure it out when I get back. Any thoughts would be good though??
                                Strudo,

What you need to do is completely (including game save files and previous patches) uninstall CivIV, Warlords, and BtS (if you have it installed).

Then install CivIV and Warlords - patching up to the 2.08 patch (don't go past this version).

Then open up the game save - It doesn't have to be your game save, it can be any players since you will be using your Admin Password to get in. Once in the game, go to the game options tab (located in the upper right corner of the game screen).

From there you DELETE the Administrator Password field. Then SAVE the game and exit.

After this, you patch up to the latest patch version. Once patched, open up the save that has no Admin Password (since you deleted the Admin Password, all player passwords are gone as well). Once open, go back to the game options tab and put the Admin Password back in. Then SAVE the game and exit.

Lastly, send this last save to the player that it is supposed to go to. All players will put their passwords back into the game when they play their turns.

I hope this helps.

-Wittlich

Comment

Working...
                                X