Battle Royale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3160BC to Soltz
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

To BigFree
      Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

PTS

Comment

to Dauphin
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

3120BC is now with Soltz.

Comment

To BigFree

Comment

PTS

Comment

to Dauphin
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

I have NOT played this turn, as I see little point sending on a game that is currently a bit 'odd'. That is to say some things very strange have occured in the turn I received:

1) Dauphin I's civilization is in one turn of Anarchy - this puzzled me as I did not change civics or religion last turn. Looking at the civics menu it appears Dauphin I has changed to Organised Religion. As Judaism has not been founded, this is clearly impossible for me to have chosen consciously. It could be worth noting that I would not have chosen that civic unless I had a religion to make it worth while - which I don't. Anyway, when I finish my turn and save, and my civilization recovers I find that I have not changed any civics or religion. I am left wondering why I was in Anarchy....

2) Looking at the technology tree I see that Dauphin I is now beelining for Currency. This again confused me, as that is not what my research intentions were. 'Maybe I accidentally clicked on it by mistake?' I thought. I loaded up the last turn as played to Dauphin II, and it turns out my research choice as seen by Dauphin II is different to the research choice Dauphin I sees on this turn's load up. So, clearly, tech choices have changed without my input during the time it left Dauphin II, went to you guys and comes back to Dauphin I.

It may also be noted that loading up Dauphin II's last turn showed production being done in Dauphin I's capital, indicating that Dauphin I was not in Anarchy when the turn was last passed through.

I don't know where the problem arises, but failing anything else I would like to go back a turn, replay and send on, and see if we can't sidestep this issue. I have replayed and sent the turn to Soltz, 3120BC.

I have attachd the saves for anyone (outside of the playing participants) who wants to look at them for possible cause of the problem. Passwords on request.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dauphin; May 17, 2006, 14:14.

Comment

• Turn as received from Paddy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I noticed something odd this time too. Both Soltz I and II discovered techs but there was no 'blurb' and no window with the recommended tech options

Turn replayed and sent to BigFree.

Comment

• Was that on the turn that I just sent to you? Seems that this game has a more central problem that needs to be understood.

Comment

• Thinking back, the same thing might have happened on my earlier tech. discoveries but I never paid any attention to it at the time.

Comment

• this was started before the last patch right???

maybe some unresolved issued still to be brought out into the light...
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• to Dauphin
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X