[PBEM] Europe Classic 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1855ad sent

oh, sorry... i send the turn to kon in another game...
    this turn: more bombings and i got your loitering caravel
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• I hope you are not attacking a city with everything not taking it then retrying it on another city.

Comment

• hell no! that would be cheating by reloading!

what i did do however was prepare to take that city on the west side of the bay. but when i saw that you had added around 8 more infantry, i did not bother attacking because there would be no chance that i could take it (well done on seeing that my units would have indeed been able to attack there.

same thing happened in the first turn with mecca. i had 2 ships to attack you there then but with your 6 defences i know it would not suffice.

don't forget that luck is hardly an issue in civ4

Comment

• this turn for instance... you still had way too many units in the 2 bay cities which i couldn't even take out with the same many marines as i have other units. so i focussed on cuzco, which was reachable for my gunships and my one tank.

the city culture bonus was still 60%, but my 9 fighters managed to wound your defences enough that most of my battles were fairly evened out or in my favour. it still took me about 12 gunship attacks and 1 tank attack to get your 4 wounded infantry, machine gunner and the grenadier...

now imagine how that would have been with the -50% penalty for attack from sea... so you can imagine i won't even go trying to attack unless i have a decent chance.

anyhow, cuzco has been captured as your points sink to about 65% of mine

Comment

• Nice read on modern (MP) battle tactics.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 1865ad sent

no big action again this turn except the regular bombing runs... your workers have been quite busy rebuilding

i'm surprised you went for rocketry! ok, a counter for my tanks, but on the other hand i didn't see any cavalry in any of the cities which i can see from my ships or from my aerial recon sweeps...?

Comment

• I went for rocketry for SAM troops to counter your helicopters mainly and your bombards.

What do you think I would have gone for?

Comment

• ah, of course! SAM infantry! i thought they already came with flight...

i would have thought you'd go for electricity followed by tanks and bombers.. but of course your choice makes sence considering SAMs

Comment

• funny... and lucky me!

i wanted to reduce my military costs by abandonning my useless (with very little XPs) units and attacked in a semi-suicide attempt with one of my marines... and despite the 32% chance he actually won

i could have used luck this in another game against corossol when it actually depended

Comment

• 1875ad sent

Comment

• 1880ad sent

i just loaded up turn 1830ad again, which is 10 turns ago... and wow! my bombing runs REALLY had an effect! thebes went from size 18 to 13, the bay cities down from 13 each to 6 or 7 and mecca down a few sizes too! it's just macchu picchu which is still size 13, because it's out of range!

so it wasn't my bombing of the villages that killed you but the farms and health resources... so... wow

how is war weariness actually affecting you? my cities are getting the first uphappy citizens. so far no problem (temples)... i presume WW must be affecting your people far more, right?

Comment

• hiya,

i'll be away saturday 17th - wednesday 21st.
                          my notebook is with me but i don't know how often i'll be able to download, play and send my turns...

so sorry for any potential delay caused!

Comment

• sorry for the delay, guys! since i returned from london i have been busy busy busy. and the only free moments were those watching some world cup matches. it should improve now but i'm not back to my old pace, sorry!

Comment

• 1885ad sent

good news for you: you discovered my invasion fleet just in time! my 2nd full ship just arrived and would have easily taken out your 3-4 defenders, but with all the additional units it would be impossible.
                              tell me... did you see my ships with a recon mission or was it pure luck/instinct?

also bad news for you: i captured another city. this time actually a very well defended one. but thanks to loads of collateral damage units (3 tanks, 3 cannons) i weakened your defences enough to easily take out all. unfortunatly for me i still lost about 3 other units besides the suiciding cannons.

Comment

• I thought you were being overly cautious.

I notcied them on my regular look at the seas with my planes.
                                I won't be able to play until at least tomorrow evening as I am away from home and my civ 4 disc is at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X