No announcement yet.

Game II - pitboss, entry open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Followed Exploit's link here from civfanatics and I'd love to play! If you'll have me I'd like the Dutch please I actually like the 30 hour timer idea, gives plenty of time to play your turns. Never played a Pitboss before but I've read a lot of reports on them and they seem to be a major time taker.

Comment

Hello!!

I also followed the link from CivFanatics, if this game is still with open places i would like to play Zara Yaqob.

Never played BTS, am an ocasional civ player since the original civ.
      Only a tried pitboss game once.

Thank you,

PMB

Comment

Today is 15.07 (at least in my part of the world) so we must be ready for launch.
        http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

13 people, should be crazy!

Comment

30 Hours gives plenty of time, it works a lot better if generally people play their moves once a day, not using up the full time on the clock. Gets very frustrating the slowness of it if people do that.

Comment

I talked about this game to someone that was in the only pitboss game i played and he would also like to play.
              Is it possible to delay the start for a few hours?

I know that he is also an ocasional player cant say much about his level of play.
              Its now almost noon and he told me he would get to his computer at about 23 or 24:00.

PMB

Comment

I like the number of players. Thirteen warriors. Even for name of the game it sounds great.

The Thirteen warriors of the thirtieth hour.

Wouldn't mind if we are the fourteen warriors of the 24 hours either
                http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Still room for me? Friend of PMBmaker

Hey guys,

I´ve played pitboss just once aswell, and in the regular civ, but i think i can manage to play Beyond the Sword aswell.

Let me know if i can still join.

Regards,
                  Rak.

Comment

*chuckle* wow...a big game. Large map? huge map?
                    'Got any dragons you need slain?' Scar Gordon, Glory Road

Comment

What happens if we announce a planned absence? A short holiday, for example. Will the AI take over for me automatically? Or will my kingdom simply be 'headless' for a few turns?
                      Formerly known as Masuro.
                      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by onemoreturnmike View Post
                        *chuckle* wow...a big game. Large map? huge map?
                        According to the settings posted in the first post of this thread, it will be a large map.

What happens if we announce a planned absence? A short holiday, for example. Will the AI take over for me automatically? Or will my kingdom simply be 'headless' for a few turns?
                        Best solution is to get someone to sub in for you while on holiday. Posting a message on civfanatics or this board a few days in advance will generally turn up someone willing to sub for you for a while.

Second best solution is to post here telling everyone you are going on vacation and set your civ to AI. You can take over from the AI when you return.

The third solution is to queue up your orders for the length of time that you will be away. This REALLY slows the game down with a 30 hour timer, since each turn will have to run out the full 30 hours and as such is not recommended.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I will probably just set my nation to AI since that seems to avoid hassle. I am sure the AI can run my game for a few turns without declaring war on everyone.
                          Formerly known as Masuro.
                          The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

I think either a huge map is required for this number of players, or else lower the sea level for a bit more land mass. It is not desirable for players to have no expansion space.

Comment

lol yeah, unless they want us at each others throats right out of the gate
                              'Got any dragons you need slain?' Scar Gordon, Glory Road

Comment

Game has been started please pick correct civilization acording to your number in the list of players

Comment

Working...
                                X