X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by Wittlich

Well, since you were the one who started this game idea - I feel that is is only fair that we wait for you to come back in early December.

Leave a comment:

• Zoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Wittlich

Well, since you were the one who started this game idea - I feel that is is only fair that we wait for you to come back in early December.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by snoopy369
    No, the AI is on Noble at all times. YOU are on emperor (penalties), but any AI's you have are at noble.
    I know the AI is at Noble, but its boni are affected by the tags with 'AI' in front of them, of the difficulty level you're running.

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW
    Sorry I havn't posted, I won't be able to start it until around the start of December. If you want to go ahead without me I won't be offended.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Sorry I havn't posted, I won't be able to start it until around the start of December. If you want to go ahead without me I won't be offended.

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniac
    Can I join?

I prefer 18 civs, even if AIs have to be added. The crowdedness is why I'm interested in the game.
    AI is affected by the difficulty level of the human player btw. I play on Emperor.
    No, the AI is on Noble at all times. YOU are on emperor (penalties), but any AI's you have are at noble.

Leave a comment:

• Traianvs
    replied
    Sounds interesting, but it'll take a long time I'm sure. Better get it started as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Indiansmoke
    replied
    Yes 12 is more than enough I think...so when do we start?

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    I just started a SP game with 12 civs on a tiny pangaea map with low water level. It IS crowded. I met 7 or 8 civs in the first 4 turns.

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniac
    Can I join?

I prefer 18 civs, even if AIs have to be added. The crowdedness is why I'm interested in the game.
    AI is affected by the difficulty level of the human player btw. I play on Emperor.
    My sense is that it is going to be plenty crowded without AI's. Especially as new players keep rolling in.

12 civs on a tiny map!!

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by Traianvs
    Sounds interesting. How do I play this? I've only tried mp once and it was pretty lame...
    This will be a pitboss game. You may want to read up on that first. Basically it is like a pbem game, but instead, you log onto the host's site (the pitboss) and play your turn, every 24 or 36 hours or whatever the predetermined length of the turn is.

You probably played a MP game in real time. It is not a mode of civ that I like either. Pitboss combines the true strength of civ's turn based foundation, but with an approach that makes true MP games move relatively fast (realtive to pbem games)

Jump in and give it a try!

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by snoopy369
    I don't suggest Raging Barbs, only because there is so little room that it be a huge unbalancing factor - someone would get unlucky and get a ton of barbs, nobody else would. Not as fair as a game with some space (so everyone has to deal with them).

Also, raging barbs is less useful in MP because people build military anyway...
    Yep. makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Can I join?

Last edited by Maniac; October 21, 2008, 15:00.

Leave a comment:

• Traianvs
    replied
    Sounds interesting. How do I play this? I've only tried mp once and it was pretty lame...

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    I don't suggest Raging Barbs, only because there is so little room that it be a huge unbalancing factor - someone would get unlucky and get a ton of barbs, nobody else would. Not as fair as a game with some space (so everyone has to deal with them).

Also, raging barbs is less useful in MP because people build military anyway...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X