Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    I went to take a look at the game and I guess it is a new turn because a diplomacy screen popped up with Civfan accepting our gift of 100 gp and then it went right into the what to build menu for cities which finished their production. I don't know what we intend to build but it won't let me use the escape key to exit. I don't want to screw anything up but I do want to exit so what should I tell it to build? Trebouchets? I assume Mz can just change it to what ever he wants later.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    We built the holy shrine in this turn, offered half the money (26g) to aztec. We are above average in military strength ,but RB is building up their army very fast (10+slave/draft just in this turn). We will need india's army to break egypt.
    In te meantimr we are building some civilian stuff too: we will build 8 theaters and then build the globe theater national wonder, and we will build the national epic too once we connected our marble. We will found an other city on the ice island soon.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Are we going to be able to upgrade our own units? Alternatively if we can upgrade some of our older units to grenadiers then that might be a better way to improve our Army while still building the cannons we need.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercules View Post
    re loan to Aztecs: fine with me go ahead. and go for cannons.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    re loan to Aztecs: fine with me go ahead. and go for cannons.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Yes, greanadiers can not be drafted, and probably we won't build them either. rifles+cannons work better than rifles+grenadiers so if we have a choice which one to build we should build cannons.

Aztec has requested a money loan at t169-170 which they would start to pay back from then. (they could pay it back ina few turns) They would use this money to upgrade their mounted units to cruisaries. I suggest we give them the money, it is our interest to hit rb closer to their core so we will meet lesser resistance at inca land. For the loan I will request that we receive their gem resource longer.. unless there is objection about this loan (5-800 gold).

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    I don't think we can draft them. We could build them though.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Drafting some of those grenadiers would be useful as RB will soon have riflemen.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Yes. we should probably bulb it into chemistry, i don1t know better use of it.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Do we still have the great scientist?

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    demograph is lagging behind, we are more powerfull now than aztec and hre, and our powergraph will keep rising as we bring in 5 new units each turn. i assume we will spend a long time in the riflemen era, big wars are ahead.. evey civ will give in everything to survive what is coming.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I'm all for getting those early techs we missed. That said, we appear to still be i last place in power. At least it is finally going up in a serious way for the first time in the game though. Hopefully we won't trade away any more units.

Honestly, at the rate everyone else is slaving I'd be surprised to see us get above average in power.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	9095899Looks like we can get 2 further early techs in 2 turns if we want. Meanwhile we are 4th in soldiers.

I thought I saw we had a GS. Was that an exchange? Anyway it would us Chem istry, but it would take drafting or gold to give us that edge. Maybe thru city capture it would pay?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Looks like we can get 2 further early techs in 2 turns if we want. Meanwhile we are 4th in soldiers.

I thought I saw we had a GS. Was that an exchange? Anyway it would us Chem istry, but it would take drafting or gold to give us that edge. Maybe thru city capture it would pay?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    At least if we build windmills on those hills we'd get some food and production.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X