• I don't really care either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
      I don't really care either way.
      voting anon for a rule change is silly

but i with Blackknight, i dont care about how you vote
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• I dunno if it matters whether you guys vote with your DoC account or your real account, but it needs to be consistent or some people could vote twice and no one would know, hehe.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Keep it way it was at the start as agreed. No need for changes.
          Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• This might be a very important question however my small brain can't see the difference...

I vote for Yes because you might know what are talking about, but I think the question is wrong.. or at least is not giving the full picture.
            ..because:
            A: ratings of all month's summed together, biggest number wins

or..:

B: the same as above except we look at the average of those ratings (ie A/number of months..) except B doesnt say that we look at the categories independently in each months-which we should.. so if that is the question then definately A-yes

Comment

• Just we stop disputes and accept original rules. We all had chance for argument at the start of game so why now do we argue about it?
              Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Inca, first you say 'agree', now you say 'disagree'. Which is it?

This is not a dispute. We just found an error in the score mechanism. If people are against it we'll continue the old ruleset and leave the error in place. It'll make the game a tad bit boring, imho though.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Can't be bothered working through the Math. Happy to trust RP. I vote for your proposal.
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    It'll make the game a tad bit boring, imho though.
                    How will the score make the game more or less fun.

Comment

• Ok, my last post on this subject.
                      I'll just post two charts, They are BtP charts! (I'm working on them)

The first shows how the BtP story score is in the current system
                      The 2nd shows how the BtP story score would be in the suggested system.
                      As you can see, in the 2nd chart the differences are much smaller. Till the very end every civ has to fight for it's spot. Even the top-story-civs are closer to the rest then in the old system.

That's why I think it's less boring.

"old system style" BtP story score
                      Vote "No" if you want this

"new system style" BtP story score
                      Vote "Yes" if you want this.

Perhaps the 'old style' graph looks more exciting, if you keep inmind that you're one of those lines, the 2nd table is more exciting, because the differences are smaller thus you have to perform every month.

(if not visible: open in Firefox!)
                      Last edited by Robert; October 8, 2009, 19:25.

Comment

• Hoep this owrks for those withoutr firefox.

I like the old graph better , more obvious difference.

And as per my post earlier , a lot of sports are played in periods where the final score is the outcome not the winenr of each period.

the obvious example for all is Golf

Normal golf is played as total across all 18 holes.

Skins is played on per holes won .

Two differnet ways for same game, different results.

For a epic game like Civ i believe any winner is the one that out performs over the length of the game.

I dont care who led for most of the months if it ws so clsoe in those particular mionths, but in a few months a civ scores so highly that he desereves the big votes he should get it .

by only counting monthly wins we are forgetting the reward for the effort of that super performing month.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• another side point is that i was proved right.

the earlly leaders went on to win the game...

Greece and Korea were battling for the game all along and it only when Capo made a decision to leave that Greece ended up easily winning

So well down to Greece , but pity Korea left. All please take note that not partaking early in storys and diploamcy may already have cost you the game, make up for it next month.

Comment

• I dont get how the 'new score graph' was generated. I mean many civ hadn't got any points for months how do they rise in points then? Even if they get a minimum point each month for being at the lowest rank it cannot be nowhere close to the category winner's... so i think something is wrong with the graph.

The score system I'd like to see would minimize the effects of personal 'voting style'
                            So it wouldnt matter much if someone usually scores everyone for 1s-2s or 5s-7s. The only way to do this though is to make a final rating of each civs for every civ. Then determine the winner from those ratings.
                            (Ie Japan would have a rating (1-14) for each civ, mexico would have his own rate (1-14) etc, in the end these ratings would been ad together the one with the highest sum wins) I don't think many of you'd support this, but in my eyes this would be the most fair

Comment

• mzprox: it's b/c the bottom civ receive the bottom score every month. If there are 5 bottom civs (no score) they all receive 5 points.
                              An alternate option would be: no score, 0 points. (which may be preferable)

Comment

• YES: 2 (66,6% of voters)
                                - India
                                - Byzantium

NO: 1 (33,3% of voters)
                                - Inca

Abstain:
                                - Black Knight
                                - Rasputin