X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKILORD
    replied
    Not bad.

In my opinion you are a tad too.... direct. Things happening in reasonable sequence is good, but try to be a little more subtle about it, because while reasonable sequence is good for stories it doesn't come off as real when it is done so directly. In real life the order of events is more often what we percieve and is not fundamental to the events, try to bear that in mind.

But good, very promising. I look forward to more.

Leave a comment:

• Smellycowsquid
    started a topic The Great War

The Great War

Chapter 1. “The Bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding Bureacracy.” -Unknown

General Mike Wallace observed the plans with an inspectional eye. His fellow friend and colleague, General Jon Schaffield was also viewing the plans, and when Jon was done viewing the plans, he made his mind known.
    “It’s a good plan Mike.”
    “It would seem that way,” Wallace answered sarcastically. Just then Wallace’s secretary entered,
    “General?”
    “Yes?”
    “The Senate has called for you.” The two Generals looked at each other- and Wallace shook his head.

“What time?” Wallace inquired.
    “Now.” She left, the two friends looked at each other- “Bureaucrats.” Said Jon as he shook his head and Wallace then exclaimed, “Politics and war should not mix.”

…”Supreme Commander Wallace!” Applause was heard throughout the Senate halls. Wallace paused for a moment, but then began.

“Friends! With war declared, I have been given the commission of Supreme Commander of the war, and given the task of invading the Mongol Sub-Continent. It will not be easy-but will require finesse, training, but most of all, determination”...

“So, what are you proposing General?” Asked a fat Senator from Rivertown area.
    “I need not propose anything to you, Gentlemen, only to the Emperor-this is but a formality. However, I will answer your question, though it is top-secret-“

“I am sure you can trust us!” bellowed a fat man from the region of former Ulundi. At this some laughed.
    “No more outbreaks will be tolerated!” yelled an imposing man. Every one became quiet immiedaitely.

The General got a nod from the man, and continued, “A multi step plan, first, We will create a defensive force of infantry and of ships, named The Defense Forces and the Coast Guard respectively. Second, we will create a Jordo Islands Task fleet, tasked with defending the Jordo Islands from sea attack. Several Defense Forces are already deployed in the Jordo Islands. Third, a fleet and small army, the fleet will be commissioned the First fleet, and will deploy on the Western Front. Also a Army will be placed on the Jordo Islands, ready to strike inland.

Once these forces are ready the 1st Fleet, and its troops will move into Mongol waters and attack in Operation Viper. The Mongols will be surprised, this will open up the way for the real invasion, Operation Fox, from the Jordo Islands…”

“And where will all this be built?!” yelled a Senator when the General was done with his presentation. The Imposing man looked to the General, signaling him to answer the valid question. “Jungle Harbor, Jordania, South Bay, South Point, Riverburg.”

"And the Cost?!" Asked another.
    More wanted answers to their questions but the General stopped, and assured them "You will know the details in due-time."

Little did they know, that the cost would be worse than financial-it would be mental, emotional, spirtual, the treasury would not be the one to hand out the debt, their youn men would.
Working...
X