X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theseus
    replied
    Just started. I haven't played that much BTS, and saw the "ass kicked" thread, so I'm playing at noble.

I've also started the League game, so I don;t know how long these'll take me.

Great job getting this going!!

-T

Leave a comment:

• LzPrst
    replied
    sorry. ignore that. I stfu'ed and read the faq....

Leave a comment:

• LzPrst
    replied
    it seems that the filename wasnt properly set, it was xxxx.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

while normally they're named xxx.CivBeyondSwordSave

without the WB between Sword and Save. i changed this, but then I get the message that the save is the wrong version. what's going on?

Leave a comment:

• LzPrst
    replied
    something weird here... i unzipped the savefile, but Civ cant see it. it is a regular load right?

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    I don't think that 3.03 replaces the dll, so not as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    I patched to Solver's patch, but then I patched to 3.03... did I un-do the good of Solver's patch in the process?

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Blake
    replied
    Barbs are fair game.

Leave a comment:

• khearn
    replied
    The barb city in question is just outside my borders at the moment, and in the middle of an area I'll likely expand into.

Don't read this spoiler if you are planning on playing, but haven't gotten past your initial exploration yet:
    Spoiler:
    There is a very large are in the middle of this map to expand into, , bigger than I've usually seen. I think ZargonX's intention was to give the player plenty of room to expand, but it also gives the barbs room.

I first noticed the barb city in 725BC, maybe I should have grabbed all available land by then, but if I had, I'd have no military to speak of. Given the pack of wolves running the AI civs, I don't think I'd survive much longer. Money hasn't been my problem so far, it's been fear of my neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• joncnunn
    replied
    I would think that if barb cities formed near you while your were still founding cities, you are founding cities way too slow considering the creative traight.

And if the barb cities are on the far side of an AIs civ empire, it would definately not be in the spirit to capture that city.

Leave a comment:

• khearn
    replied
    What about barbarian cities? Can we at least raze them? Otherwise things could get really awkward.

Edit: I just noted Blake's ruling saying you can't attack a city owned "by another player". Should I assume that this means that barbs are fair game? Is it OK to keep a barb city, or should we only raze them?

Leave a comment:

• ZargonX
    replied
    Is this for 3.03? Do I need any additional patches/mods?
    You do not need any additional mods to play.

Leave a comment:

• Blake
    replied
    These would be my "rulings":

Cities: You may NOT direct a unit to attack or move into a city founded by another player. Otherwise anything goes.

Solver's Patch: You MAY use it. Mention that you're using it. It's really a lot like using a different difficulty level.

Leave a comment:

• Palpster
    replied
    Is this for 3.03? Do I need any additional patches/mods?

Leave a comment:

• ZargonX
    replied
    Does the "no capture" rule include cities joining peacefully through culture or through the AP?
    An interesting question. I would say that, within the spirit of the course, any accepting of cities that you didn't personally settle would be out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X