Installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation problem

I need help if someone faced the same problem.

I formatted my PC and re-installed Windows 10 so I needed to install again CIV 4.

I made the game available for just the main user of the PC, that's me. I have administrator privileges. But, after reinstalling the game, it won't start. A message appears telling me the game must be run by someone with admin privileges. So I tried to start Civilization by right-clicking on it and using the command "run like administrator," but nothing happens.
    How this can be worked out? Thanks...

Originally posted by Totanus View Post

I formatted my PC and re-installed Windows 10 so I needed to install again CIV 4.

I made the game available for just the main user of the PC, that's me. I have administrator privileges. But, after reinstalling the game, it won't start. A WhatsApp plus message appears telling me the game must be run by someone with admin privileges. So I tried to start Civilization by right-clicking on it and using the command "run like administrator," but nothing happens.
    I suggest you to install the game file in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode.

Download the game from the website.
    Right click the game installation file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    Try installing the game and check.

Comment

I made the game available for just the main user of the PC, that's me. I have administrator privileges. But, after reinstalling the game, it won't start. A message appears telling me the game must be run by someone with admin privileges. So I tried to start Civilization by right-clicking on it and using the command "run like administrator," but nothing happens.
      try giving all permissions for this gam to another user. follow these steps:
      1. right click on the game's .exe file and click on properties.
      2. click on "security"
      3. there you see "edit" option..click on that.
      4. click on "Add..."
      5. now enter the name of the new user (you can also enter your current user's name even if its the administrator)
      Click on "check names" . it will automatically replace your entered name with the location and then click ok.
      6. Now give all permissions to that user. it's will be like a user with the same permission level as the administer.
      7. Try running the game now.

Comment

Can you share more details about it,

Comment

My game available for just the main user of the PC, that's me. I have administrator privileges. But, after reinstalling the game, it won't start. A message appears telling me the game must be run by someone with admin privileges. So I tried to start Civilization by right-clicking on it and using the command "run like administrator," but nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by kirito View Post

2. click on "security"
            4. click on "Add..."nulls clash
            5. now enter the name of the new user (you can also enter your current user's name even if its the administrator)
            Click on "check names" . it will automatically replace your entered name with the location and then click ok.
            6. Now give all permissions to that user. it's will be like a user with the same permission level as the administer.
            I followed these steps and the issue got solved. just like you said, i followed each steps and give all the permission to the user (which is me) and then game started without any issue.
            Please accept my gratitude for your help. Jullii.

Comment

Originally posted by stevereimold
              The game didn't start after I reinstalled the game.
              Try updating your mobile phone.

Comment

Capture your opponents' largest cities and install new governors in them..Construct buildings and tile improvements that provide your cities with food and health. Develop your cities' culture to help their borders expand..

Comment

Originally posted by kirito View Post

2. click on "security"
                  4. click on "App..."
                  Click on "check names" . it will automatically replace your entered app with the location and then click ok.
                  I Did exactly as explained here, however I use Windows 11 so there is little difficulty when following the steps, but finally done it and game is working like

Comment

First of all re install the game and try again. If it doesn't work, the best way is to run your game through latest Windows Compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ananyaverma View Post
                      WhatsApp Aero APK
                      I Did exactly as explained here, however I use Windows 11 so there is little difficulty when following the steps, but finally done it and game is working like
                      I'm glad that my guide helped you. If you face any other issue, let me know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ThomyaPatlacha20 View Post
                          Capture your opponents' largest cities and install new governors in them..Construct buildings and tile improvements that provide your cities with food and health. Develop your cities' culture to help their borders expand..
                          Thank you for your information keep share with us.

Comment

I am a biggest fan of YouTube and I love to watch YouTube content but most of the time I prefer to to watch YouTube content in YouTube Vanced

Comment

Well, to install CIV 4, you need to check if there's any windows update left. Please update your windows, and restart the PC and then again install the game and play. It will be fixed sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X